Officers Mess

Chemotherapy tatics

Posted by Peter on 14 Dec 2013, 10:11

Emperor and Pedro, I wish you both lots of strenght and the victory against this disease! My prayers go with both of you and your family!
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Beano Boy on 14 Dec 2013, 14:20

Well Emperor & pedro,I`m sorry about the awful fix you both find yourselves in. Sometimes mere word`s are not enough to explain feeling`s. However I have been deeply moved by your post & the brave attempt in which both of you are now endevering to persivere against this terrible decease. I wish & hope you both get well real soon. Best Regards. Paul
Last edited by Benno on 14 Dec 2013, 16:12, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: It's possible to edit your post within the first 30 minutes you posted.
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by csThor on 21 Dec 2013, 10:32

As someone who went through several chemotherapies (including a really nasty high-dose therapy with three weeks of isolation and stem cell extraction before) I can only recommend you to adopt a stiff neck attitude and do whatever you feel necessary to get on. I resorted to a really stinging type of black humor (which drove my mother insane but helped me cope with the side effects of the treatment) and always reminded myself that I got off lightly compared to others (I only had constantly inflamed mucosa of the mouth - and I didn't have cancer but a very rare distantly related illness) while others suffered more (I remember a woman who sat all day at a table talking to an imaginary person).

Again - keep your head high, your neck stiff and in spite of all the problems enjoy life as much as you can. Mery christmas to you and your family!
csThor  Germany

Previous page

Return to Officers Mess