Gallery

Europaparix

Posted by Dad's Army on 09 May 2024, 07:10

Well as you know I don't post a lot of my work, just because my painting skils aren't as good as all you here, but sometime I think this is an idea i like to share here.
Today I present you because of the semifinals of the European Songfestival our Dutch entry:

Joost Klein with his number Europapa

So that inspired me to make:

With his bleu suit I had to make a conversion of a Asterix figure into:

Now I can only end like he says "12 points to the Netherlands" :mrgreen:

Hope you like him, and of course the making of is on my BLOG
Dad's Army  Netherlands

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Santi Pérez on 10 May 2024, 12:39

Once again, Remco, you leave me speechless with your creation. :drool: :drool: :drool:

As always, you combine great originality in your search for inspiration with total success in representing the initial idea using the various Asterix figures at your disposal. :-D

I must confess that I was completely unaware of who Joost Klein was, I had to Google him. Although I was a big fan of the Eurovision Song Contest years ago, for some time now I have hardly been interested in it (unlike my wife, who has not missed the two days of semi-finals this week, as she does every year). :oops:

After all this and after seeing the full review on your blog, I can only congratulate you warmly, because you have achieved a very accurate portrait of the singer (the only thing missing are the tattoos on her fingers). :love: :love: :love:

I especially admire your effort to hand-paint all the stars on the flags. In my case, I'm sure that, for the sake of convenience, I would have googled the flags, printed them on sticky paper and then stuck them on the flagpoles. :mrgreen:

My best congratulations, ‘master of Asterix figure conversions’. :thumbup:

Santi.

Dad's Army wrote:...Now I can only end like he says "12 points to the Netherlands" :mrgreen: ...

I haven't heard Joost Klein's song, but I'm sure it deserves 12 points more than Spain's song, which I have heard and which I don't like at all because of the content of its lyrics, which generated a lot of controversy in the country when it was released. :neutral:
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by Peter on 15 May 2024, 15:04

Really nice figure Remco! It has my 12 points! ;-) :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by T. Dürrschmidt on 23 May 2024, 22:33

And finally....our twelve points go to........Remco!
T. Dürrschmidt  Germany
Silver Brush winner

Posted by Dad's Army on 30 May 2024, 21:33

Thanks guys, unfortunately the original did not live up to his dream, but as far as streams are concerned he is the winner.

Unfortunately I can no longer buy ice creams at IKEA, because everything from Sweden is banned now hahahahaha.

It was a really fun conversion to make, despite the fact that he is way below your standards in terms of painting technique.

Now I have to come up with a new conversion, and believe me that is not easy with these figures, so if you have an idea I would love to hear it.
Dad's Army  Netherlands

Moderator Moderator

Return to Gallery