Gallery

The Magnificent Seven - Part 01 - Chris Adams

Posted by Peter on 24 Apr 2024, 16:26

This is the start of a very long project. Figures and horses included this project will have 39 pieces to paint. The figures are from Steve Westons Toy Soldiers and they came as a present from my good friends Paul Howes (The Seven) and Detlef Heerbrand (All Mexicans, good and bad guys). Thanks you guys!

I start with the "Seven" and the first one is of course Chris Adams, played in the movie by Yul Brunner. I always thought he had a full black clothing but now when I have a close look it looks more as a dark grey. But I've painted him in black with a nice grey drybrush and I must say I like the final result. He looks like Yul and I have the dark grey that I wanted and good shading on the figure.

This movie is one of my favorites, also because of the great actors that are in this movie but also because of the story. Original it were Seven Samourais, and that is the only movie I'm missing in my collection of the Seven. There is also a TV-series which is not bad in my opinion. Well, up to the next one and I hope you like my version of Chris Adams.

Thanks for watching!
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by JurgenH on 24 Apr 2024, 17:09

nice work. i like it.
JurgenH  Germany

Posted by Santi Pérez on 24 Apr 2024, 18:53

You have achieved an excellent portrayal of Yul Brynner in the role of Chris Adams, with a fantastic result in the painting of his all-black costume, Peter. :love: :love: :love:

Onwards with the rest of the gang. I will be following this thread with interest. ;-)

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by PaulRPetri on 26 Apr 2024, 00:44

Great work Peter you are off to a fantastic start! I also love the Magnificient Seven!! Great movie!!
PaulRPetri  United States of America

Posted by C M Dodson on 27 Apr 2024, 07:00

Very nice start to your project.

The film has stood the test of time, ably assisted by a memorable film score.

Best wishes,

Chris
C M Dodson  United Kingdom

Posted by Peter on 28 Apr 2024, 12:11

Thank you for the nice comments! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Peter on 28 Apr 2024, 12:16

Here is number two of the "Seven", named Vin Tanner and played by Steve Mc Queen in the movie. Hardest part of painting this figure was the pink shirt. I did various attempts to get the right color. It was again a very nice figure to paint.

It is my intention to paint the figures in order they appear in the movie. So the next one will be Chico.

Thanks for watching!
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Santi Pérez on 29 Apr 2024, 18:56

A great second addition to the seven boys, Peter. 8)

And a great actor too, Steve McQueen, who I will always remember for his role as Hilts "The Cooler King" in the fantastic film The Great Escape. :notworthy:

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by k.b. on 30 Apr 2024, 23:20

Don't know how i missed this thread but better late than never. Wonderful idea to paint up these Magnificent Seven, Peter. Has to be one of my all-time favourite movies. Look forward to seeing the rest of them.
k.b.  Brazil
Bronze Brush winner

Posted by MABO on 01 May 2024, 06:15

I didn't know, that these figures exist. I will follow your progress with great interest and I really like the first two figures. Of course I had also seen the movie decades ago, as well as the seven samurai. Keep up the good work! This is really a project for you.
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Beano Boy on 01 May 2024, 13:26

After all these years of writing and presenting some of my arts and crafts here, it seemed rather strange indeed to see my real name in print again.
But that is A OK!

Yes i do remember buying damaged stock off E Bay after flooding in the United Kingdom .It being only the case of some wet packaging, which dried ok anyway. i passed most of the collection onto the charity shops and elsewhere to friends and kept a tidy few myself. :coffee: They sleep soundly somewhere in a box.
i will ask my Dear Mrs B, to draw me a treasure map and go find them.

i must agree with all the comments about the movie :thumbup: i was only 13 years old when it was first released, and the skinny kid that i was then and my pals could not get into the ODEON in Norwich to see it because it was rated as an A Picture. That was a big let down! i never forgot that awful occasion.

i was 17 when it made the rounds again in Norwich, and it was amazing. i was greatly impressed by the special effect sounds of the gun shots! A thing i have never heard before in other movies. As for the movie itself it is a bewildering master of iconic legend.

:coffee: This painting topic is a real treat Peter,to feast me little old eyes upon. BB

:cowboy: :cowboy: :cowboy: :cowboy: :cowboy: :cowboy: :cowboy:
Here is the address where the 7 figures are to be found Pards.
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Peter on 03 May 2024, 18:12

Thank you all for your kind words and likes! :thumbup:

@Santi: Steve Mc Queen was a very great actor indeed and I have that other movie to!. I've got some more of him. ;-)

@Keith: keep watching! Number three is on the way. ;-)

@Jan: it sure is a very nice project. :-D

@Paul: here you use a nickname but on blogger and FB you use your real name! ;-) And I'm happy that you like what I'm doing with these figures. :thumbup: Did you know that the mould of these figures was original made by a an Australian brand called HUNG-HO. All Mexican figures are original from Weston.
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Peter on 03 May 2024, 18:15

As said that it is my intention to post the figures like they appear in the movie and the third one is Chico played by Horst Buchholz. Again it was the shirt that gave me the most work (and from some others to!) but I think I managed to get the color right.

These are very nice figures to paint, I really love them.

Next will be Harry Luck.

https://peterscave.blogspot.com/2024/04 ... chico.html
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Return to Gallery