Gallery

Playmobil customized Spanish Royal Guard Officer

Posted by Santi Pérez on 19 Nov 2023, 21:29

Just in case there was any doubt, I confirm that I am a fan of figures in general and model figures in particular. And this is the reason why I also collect other types of figures like Lego, Playmobil and more. :-D

Precisely, the last project I have finished is the conversion of a Playmobil figure. Just as I convert smaller scale model figures, I came up with the idea of converting a larger one, specifically a Playmobil figure.

The truth is that I had some doubts about which section of the forum to post this work, but finally I considered it a figure of a different scale than 1/72 and I posted it in this one. :mrgreen:

Although at first it seemed like an easy project, it wasn't so easy. :sweatdrop:

First of all, I had to choose the figure I wanted to get. This choice was easy, as I selected an infantry officer of the Spanish Royal Guard, specifically a major. The final result should look something like this:

ImageImageImage

The next step was to choose the necessary original parts, as my intention was to build the figure from all its individual elements, trying to convert as few of them as possible. Both by buying them at a toy fair held every Saturday in Madrid and on the internet, I finally managed to get all the necessary pieces (no less than 13), which are shown here in their original state:

I then joined some of the elements together (this affected the belt and the special cap called ros) and painted all of them separately. Here are the pieces once painted:

The last step was the easiest one, I just had to assemble the figure by putting all the elements together.

And this is the final figure obtained, seen from different angles, with the sabre in the scabbard and in the hand:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

I hope you like it. Thanks for watching. ;-)

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by Ochoin on 20 Nov 2023, 05:00

He's a smart figure, Santi, & a lot of fun.

I am surprised he's allowed on parade with stubble on his face, though!

donald

(BTW I must confess I've never heard or seen Playmobile - a lot like Lego?)
Ochoin  Scotland

Posted by Beano Boy on 20 Nov 2023, 09:25

Great guns in the morning, a nice topic indeed. Well i am a big softy were toy figures are concerned.
Thanks Santi,for posting your item. :thumbup: Other Scales Gallery a wise choice to make. :thumbup:

:coffee: i have put together a small collection of PlayMobil figures too,using spear parts,but that's altogether another differing story. BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Rich W on 20 Nov 2023, 23:49

Very nice Santi!
Rich W  United Kingdom

Posted by Santi Pérez on 28 Nov 2023, 21:17

Thank you very much for your kind comments, mates. I'm glad you like the figure. :-)

Ochoin wrote:...I am surprised he's allowed on parade with stubble on his face, though!...

Yes, Donald, the presence of beards (more or less full), is something that is on the increase in the Spanish army (including the members of the Royal Guard), both among officers and in the other ranks, as you can see in the following pictures:

Ochoin wrote:...BTW I must confess I've never heard or seen Playmobile - a lot like Lego?...

Well, Playmobil and Lego figures share the appearance of toys, although both contain small parts that make them unsuitable for very young children.

However, the Playmobil ones are much larger than the Lego ones (about 80mm compared to 45mm for Lego) and have a wider variety of figures and accessories.

I don't know why Playmobil figures are not known in Scotland. Here in Spain they have existed for many years (they were already common in the seventies) and there are many adult clubs dedicated to customising them, organising exhibitions and markets, and even playing with them in the style of wargames.

I leave you a link to the official Playmobil website in the United Kingdom so you can know a little more about these figures:

https://www.playmobil.co.uk/onlineshop/products

My next challenge will be to customize a Lego figure to obtain the same Playmobil one shown in this post, as long as I manage to find all the necessary pieces. :mrgreen:

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by MABO on 07 Dec 2023, 16:54

I also love Playmobil and I still have all my figures from the 70ties on in the basement of my parents house. My son has a collection as well, which is stored there as well in the meantime. So I am happy to see this cool little guy here.

Bravo Santi!
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Peter on 13 Jan 2024, 23:28

Very nice and original figure Santi! :thumbup:

Thanks for sharing!
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Santi Pérez on 19 Apr 2024, 18:57

I have made a video about this project which is available on Youtube. Here is the link. :-D

https://youtu.be/vlegP87HNKE

I appreciate likes and subscriptions. :mrgreen:

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by sberry on 22 Apr 2024, 15:25

Since my earlier comment got obviously lost during the Great Purge, I have to repeat myself: Both this figure and the Lego one are fantastic conversions, a typical Santi work!
sberry  Germany

Posted by Santi Pérez on 23 Apr 2024, 18:48

I surely already thanked you then, but it's a pleasure to thank you again for your kind words, sberry. ;-)

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Return to Gallery