Miniatures News

MiniaArt Online catalogue

Posted by steve_pickstock on 04 Jan 2023, 14:09

Thin pickings for us, I am afraid. 1/72nd scale models are at the back - they can be found on pages 106-107, and consist of mainly their excellent but tricky European buildings, two castle sets - one with some figures, and one without. The only soft plastic figure set on general release is the Late Roman Infantry.

Online catalogue link is here https://miniart-models.us12.list-manage ... 2e9805e582

MiniArt have been making great progress with their 1/35 scale sets, I just wish they would scale some of them down and produce them in 1/72nd as well.
steve_pickstock  England

Posted by Erich von Manstein on 04 Jan 2023, 19:13

Yes, indeed, ukrainian manufacturers MiniArt, MasterBox or ICM and certainly Dragon & other chinese companies like Bronco or Riich have released an enormous number of wonderful 1/35 figures in recent years.

Apart from a few Dragon sets and the earlier MiniArt Medievals, unfortunately none of the many 1/35 plastic manufacturers has shown the will to offer an equally broad 1/72 figure range.
With vehicles & aircraft the situation is thankfully different, as there are often also some 1/72 kits from various companies.

Perhaps the 1/72 figure market is in fact only of marginal importance due to a changed Zeitgeist (political correctness and woke ideology) as well as the largely disappearance of classic model railway shops from most cityscapes.

As for MiniArt and some other 1/72 figure ranges that started promisingly around the turn of the millennium (Pegasus, Imex, Emhar & others), it can be said with a relatively high degree of probability that the downright flooding of the market with mediocre to lousy figures was partly responsible for their retreat. And yes, I am obviously talking about Hät and their output.

This probably also played a part in the regrettable withdrawal of the former 3 industry heavyweights Revell, Italeri and Zvezda.

During the past decade, our hopes were focused on a few remaining and mostly ukrainian manufacturers.
Unfortunately, due to the russian war of aggression, these sources no longer seem to be as productive as they used to be.

Perhaps we should indeed all switch to 3D printing?

However, will wait a little longer before making a final decision... ;-)
Erich von Manstein  Aruba

Posted by Konrad on 04 Jan 2023, 20:19

Erich von Manstein wrote:Perhaps we should indeed all switch to 3D printing?

I see this development as you do.
In time we will have no choice.
Konrad  Germany
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)
Bronze Brush winner

Posted by Kekso on 05 Jan 2023, 12:07

I'm not sure will it (switch to 3d printing) will happen overnight or will it happen in total.
I think that main problem are modelers who will make historical 3d models for printing.
There are not many of them. If you want something of fantasy or sci-fi choices are almost limitless.
But if you are interested in historical then the choice is very poor.
I doubt that many 3d sculptors would take initiative and produce what they think it would sell.
The future might be in crowdfunding and kickstarter projects where few buyers would gather money
to pay sculptor what they want... and that won't be cheap.
Sole 3d printing is least of concern since printers nowdays are affordable and easy to use.
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Return to Miniatures News