Miniatures News

Airfix - 2010 releases

Posted by zzed on 27 Dec 2009, 13:26

Paul wrote:But the other news on PSR is that they will stop the sale of the Italeri/Esci set. Buying them up and holding onto them might be a good idea. ????

You can buy them from Italeri then ( http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Review.aspx?id=595 ). I'm more concerned that eventual new set from Airfix will be in 1/76 :roll:
zzed  Croatia

Posted by ModernKiwi on 27 Dec 2009, 19:48

Apparently Airfix were given a talking to by their local Trading Standards department about labelling 1/76th stuff as 1/72nd. The end result is that they have promised that stuff will be correctly labelled. (Read this over at Network 54 in their Braille Scale section).
ModernKiwi  New Zealand

Posted by captainzlog on 28 Dec 2009, 20:46

zzed wrote: Buying them up and holding onto them might be a good idea.

You can buy them from Italeri then

But why would you want to?

Just look at them! It's a Napoleonic set in Khaki........all those standing and kneeling figures ready to form square and receive cavalry................

Look at the rest: the first guy with the Thompson - not too badly done, but the gun is somewhat oversized. And there are six of them!! If that wasn't bad enough there are six more with oversize and equally useless Thompson guns further along the sprue. But the giant size SMG's are matched by the puny, under scale Vickers gun which in real life is a huge beastie, half a big again as this example (the crew positions are wrong too)
The PIAT man: not bad at all if you modify the bipod to the monopod on the real thing, but the Bren gunner wil be in trouble for laying the gun down on it's side like that - especially that side where the cocking handle opens the breech. He'll also be on a charge for losing the bipod! As for the 'wounded buddy' and waving the rifle in the air like a club' poses, well they're just a waste of plastic. Nice advancing rifleman, but you only get three of them, hardly worth justifying the cost of buy a box of 50 figures when you can use three of them 'as is' and convert maybe half a dozen more.
captainzlog  

Posted by MABO on 28 Dec 2009, 20:52

Look at PSR for futher news !!!
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Paul on 28 Dec 2009, 21:51

captainzlog wrote:
zzed wrote: Buying them up and holding onto them might be a good idea.

You can buy them from Italeri then

But why would you want to?

Just look at them! It's a Napoleonic set in Khaki........all those standing and kneeling figures ready to form square and receive cavalry................

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :thumbup:
I didn´t mean for their accuracy etc, I agree, even though this is not my period of interest, they look pretty awfull. I meant because of future collectability. For example, some of the Atlantic and revell bods are pretty horrendeous compared with todays average output, but people are willing to hand over large amounts of dosh for them. I´m holding onto my Strelets Dacians (first tooling) even though I can´t stop laughing everytime I look at them :-) :-)
Paul  China

Posted by redsoldiergreen on 28 Dec 2009, 23:10

Hi kiwi . can you give us a link for network 54 please? Im having no luck finding it . Cheers :thumbup:
redsoldiergreen  United Kingdom

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by ModernKiwi on 29 Dec 2009, 00:17

ModernKiwi  New Zealand

Posted by Erich von Manstein on 19 Jan 2010, 14:16

The box art of a gazillion re-releases & a handful new sets (mostly variants of old stuff), upcoming 2010:

http://modelbox.free.fr/news/ARFX2010_P/page3.html

Other scales & subjects:

http://modelbox.free.fr/news/ARFX2010_P/index.html

http://modelbox.free.fr/news/ARFX2010_P/page2.html

http://modelbox.free.fr/news/ARFX2010_P/page4.html

Borrowed from Missing-Lynx.com & Modelstories.fr.

The word is that the 4 diorama buildings will be resin kits & that the new set WWII Brits will contain 16 figures just! But I hope that this is a mistake & it may mean 16 poses.
The "new" WWI Mark I female tank will be a simple variant of the ancient & crude 1/76 male kit, as expected.
The Bedford QLT & QLD trucks could be variants of the Bedford kit that belongs to the insufficient R.A.F. Refuelling Set, which featured wrong dimensions & poor detail (e.g. wrong wheels, etc.). Otherwise these could be re-packs of the very nice IBG Bedford series in 1/72 (great kits!). If so, it will be interisting to see how they compare prise-wise.
Everything else (regarding 1/72 & 1/76 figures, vehicles & accessories) are just the same old & tired moulds we all know for ca. 40 years now.

All in all "great" news for the nostalgica & box collector factions, but not much for me. Will wait for reviews & pictures of the new WWII Brits & diorama buildings though - could be my first purchase of Airfix kits since the early 80's.
Erich von Manstein  Aruba

Posted by Hobbyinovator on 02 Mar 2010, 11:05

Does anyone have access to some master pics of the Brittish soldiers?
Hobbyinovator  

Posted by luchs on 02 Mar 2010, 18:43

in the backgorund of the russian 's 1/32 box there is a t£$ with the ROA (russian army of liberation) on the turret.. :shock:
luchs  

Posted by edchew on 28 Apr 2010, 03:51

I think the new tooling set for Airfix 1/72 Brits would look like its 1/32 scale counterpart. They don't look too bad actually. As I am not too familiar with 1/32 scale stuff, I am not sure if these are new poses. However I don't recognize any of those 1/32 scale poses.
edchew  Malaysia

Posted by Lääkintämies on 28 Apr 2010, 15:37

luchs wrote:in the backgorund of the russian 's 1/32 box there is a t£$ with the ROA (russian army of liberation) on the turret.. :shock:

Airfix backround check crew (or artist) = Fail

But interesting point anyway 0_o And it even seems to be T-34/85, I have no idea, did the ROA use extensivily expecially captured soviet equipment?
And anyway its a mistake, the uniform is totally wrong for ROA.
Lääkintämies  Finland

Posted by The Observer on 28 Apr 2010, 20:33

Lääkintämies wrote:
luchs wrote:in the backgorund of the russian 's 1/32 box there is a t£$ with the ROA (russian army of liberation) on the turret.. :shock:

But interesting point anyway 0_o And it even seems to be T-34/85, I have no idea, did the ROA use extensivily expecially captured soviet equipment?

All the re-issue boxes of the 1/32 figs are changed in some detail compared to the old -original- ones.
Australian Infantry : Bushes in the foreground,bamboo house in the background seem to be more than original
German Mountain Troops: Alps(?) in the background, part of a tree in the foreground, no downward skiing mountain trooper and pointing officer anymore,two aiming riflemen instead , whole point of view has been changed
British Infantry Support Group:cloud of smoke is bigger , shot down STUKA is not anymore on the box
Russian Infantry: (the already mentioned) T-34 tank plus the woods on the left side
The Observer  

Posted by Taphouse on 28 Apr 2010, 20:36

I read on some forum or other that the new Airfix WWII British is canceled.
Taphouse  

Posted by Martin on 28 Apr 2010, 21:28

So we were happy with a dead bird!
Martin  Netherlands

Posted by luchs on 28 Apr 2010, 21:42

Lääkintämies wrote:

yes ROA made use of a lot of soviet equipment..
tomorrow i will post a photo..
luchs  

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by steve_pickstock on 06 Jul 2010, 09:05

steve_pickstock  England

Posted by monty on 06 Jul 2010, 15:23

steve_pickstock wrote:http://www.airfix.com/airfix-products/new-models-for-2010/dioramas-and-figures/a01763-wwii-british-infantry-northen-europe-172-a01763/

is still in the catalogue.

now if only they were released :cry:
monty  United Kingdom

Previous page

Return to Miniatures News