Miniatures Talk

FranzNap

Posted by Ochoin on 06 Nov 2023, 23:28

FranzNap are the king of 20mm Napoleonic miniatures. Their sculpts are both incredibly beautiful & detailed & amazingly strong - horse legs don't snap, muskets bend. I was given 2 named French generals a while back & they're awesome.

https://www.franznapminiatures.com/

My recent Napoleonic dreaming says an army of 400-500 French FranzNap figures would be great!

However, I'd have to sell my house.

As a 'retirement project' I think a single battalion would be a nice & affordable addition.

donald
Ochoin  Scotland

Posted by C M Dodson on 07 Nov 2023, 02:45

Franznaps are an excellent product.

The sculpts are lovely and whilst not cheap they do allow us to fill in the gaps in the ranks.

The latest releases are very nice indeed .

I am looking forward to the surgeon set .

Best wishes,

Chris
C M Dodson  United Kingdom

Posted by Bessiere on 08 Nov 2023, 04:54

I also love the Franznap figures. So far I've done 36 man battalions of their French Marins, Hungarian Grenadiers and Fusiliers. Also 12 man cavalry squadrons of French Carabiners, Cuirassiers and 2 sets of the same wounded. I'd like to do some of medical personnel when they come out. I could go broke too filling out my armies with what they offer. Hard to believe 1 man could be so dedicated to creating so many different units.
Cheers,
Bessiere
PS: the officers you mention; was it Nansouty and D'Hautpol by any chance?
Bessiere  United States of America

Posted by Ochoin on 08 Nov 2023, 05:59

Bessiere wrote:PS: the officers you mention; was it Nansouty and D'Hautpol by any chance?

Yes. A very generous friend gave them to me. Amongst other things, the horses are simply the finest in this scale.

donald
Ochoin  Scotland

Posted by Zed1 on 09 Nov 2023, 07:08

Well - I can only say that I love Francesco's miniatures from the first time I saw his very first prototypes. I got some test casts of line lancers (back then, still in brittly plastic) and really straightly fell in love with them. Must have been 2012 or so.

Although I hate painting cavalry, I own a lot of Franznap riders. My first were these Austrian hussars, splendid figures I think. Image

I remember talking with Francesco back at FIGZ 2012 in Arnhem about the many gaps that we have in the plastic figure sector. There are so many nations and so many special units that don't find their representation in plastics - I think Franznap is for example the only one offering Baden cavalry in 1/72. Or French drum majors. Etc.

I have used Franznap French light infantry in combination with Zvezda Elite Voltigeurs to create my three French light infantry battalions. They mix up very well. Now I've started to create a Polish army, beginning with painting Franznap Polish horse artillery and I really look forward for the Polish line infantry to be released. Image
For some strange reason, plastic sets of Polish infantry only include fusiliers. Franznap will be the first to publish a set that contains grenadiers and voltigeurs as well.
Zed1  Germany

Return to Miniatures Talk