Miniatures Talk

What could you use these for?

Posted by Ochoin on 07 Oct 2023, 07:53

Can the HaT Assyrian Allied infantry have alternate uses?

http://plasticsoldierreview.com/review.aspx?id=912

Are they generic enough to feature in a Late Bronze Age Hittite army as allies or vassals for example?

donald
Ochoin  Scotland

Posted by MABO on 08 Oct 2023, 06:43

Sorry, Donald, no idea... :(
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Ochoin on 08 Oct 2023, 07:13

Thanks for replying.

I'm wanting to expand my Hittite army a bit. I have the various Caesar sets & Newline figures & I really want something different. Hence, the frantic effort to find an alternative.

I *will* wait for the Linear A set but I wonder if it will be "wargame friendly". By that I mean will it be full of amazing & dramatic figures that only really suit dioramas or, worse, a set with 2 of this & 2 of that so you have to buy 8-12 sets to have enough figures for an homogenous unit. Their second Pyrrhic infantry set was like sadly like that.

A problem. But obviously a First World problem! And I will keep things in perspective.

donald
Ochoin  Scotland

Posted by Kaiphranos on 09 Oct 2023, 16:17

Not quite the same, but I used that Assyrian Allied Infantry set for modeling the earlier Bronze Age Assyrians as opponents for my Hittites and others:

I don't see why you couldn't use some for vassal troops from the more easterly parts of the Hittite empire; they're fairly generic-looking. I did end up trimming the helmet plumes off of most of them, and I used the round shields rather than the tall ones; I think the latter are more from the later period. As an alternative, you might notice a few converted Airfix Robin Hood figures mixed in there; I have some others who have long served as generic Bronze Age levies:

Kaiphranos  United States of America

Posted by Xantippos on 19 Jan 2024, 11:02

I would say yes, cut the plumes and paint them accordingly and they should be like some unnamed city state that has fallen under Hittite influence. Maybe change the shields.

Those robin hood conversions are wonderful!
Xantippos  

Return to Miniatures Talk