Gallery

Airfiy Royal Artillery Waterloo 1815

Posted by Egbert on 08 May 2024, 08:27

Hello dear hobby friends,
today I would like to introduce you to another old set of figures from Airfix.
The figures came onto the market in 1972 and were another,
new and eagerly awaited set of figures from the Airfix Waterloo series.

I wanted to depict a little scene from exactly this battle.
On the afternoon of the Battle of Waterloo, a battery of the Royal Horse Artillery is attacked by French cavalry.

In order to make the planned scene a little more lively, it became necessary to rebuild some of the characters and horses of this set.

It can be said that Airfix created quite useful models half a century ago.
Of course, the quality of the kits cannot even begin to keep up with today's standards, especially 3D printing.
The conversion and painting of these figures, which are now over 50 years old, was a very demanding and laborious challenge.

Ultimately, I'm extremely happy with the overall result.
I think the effort was worth it and I hope you have as much fun with the pictures as I did with the finished model.

Egbert  Germany

Posted by C M Dodson on 08 May 2024, 13:19

Dear Egbert,

It is my great pleasure to be hopefully, the first to congratulate you on this exemplary piece of modelling art.

The painting, construction, groundwork and imaginative photography are brilliant.

You really have elevated this lovely set to super stardom in spite of its age.

Congratulations,

Chris
C M Dodson  United Kingdom

Posted by Ochoin on 08 May 2024, 19:55

So dramatic! Not just figures but you tell a story.
Well done, donald
Ochoin  Scotland

Posted by Peter on 08 May 2024, 20:17

Art it is! You did it again Egbert! :love: :notworthy:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Rich W on 08 May 2024, 21:53

This is work of the highest quality Egbert, many congratulations! You have brought those figures to life. And your photos (including the wonderful background) really do these figures justice.
Rich W  United Kingdom

Posted by Santi Pérez on 10 May 2024, 13:32

Despite knowing many of your previous works and having seen the different figures separately already converted and painted, I can't help but be speechless when I see the result of putting it all together in these two magnificent dioramas, Egbert. :drool: :drool: :drool:

Everything in both dioramas makes them perfect: the poses and the painting of the figures, the scenery in which they are placed, the great amount of details everywhere and the perfect balance in the distribution of all the elements. :love: :love: :love:

To the above we have to add the fantastic photographic report you have done, with wonderful backgrounds and professional quality pictures. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

I couldn't agree more with all the praise you have received from colleagues before me: ‘Exemplary piece of modelling art’ (Chris), ‘Not just figures but you tell a story’ (Donald), ‘Art it is!’ (Peter) and ‘This is work of the highest quality’ (Rich). I can only add to all of the above that it's a total masterpiece. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I just have a small doubt: Are the two dioramas meant to be coupled together to form a larger one or are they totally independent of each other? :winky:

Thank you very much and best regards, dear and admired friend. :-)

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Egbert on 11 May 2024, 09:34

Thank you my friends for all your sensational comments...
I'm very happy that you like my work so much. :-D :-D :-D
Egbert  Germany

Posted by Egbert on 11 May 2024, 09:53

Santi Pérez wrote:...I just have a small doubt: Are the two dioramas meant to be coupled together to form a larger one or are they totally independent of each other? ... Santi.

My dear friend Santi,
I consciously decided for two small, separate dioramas.
On the one hand, not all of the figures fit on the tree discs I used as the bases, and on the other hand, I found the idea of depicting the entire artillery team separately very attractive

Best regards
Your friend Egbert
Egbert  Germany

Posted by JurgenH on 12 May 2024, 20:06

Hello Egbert
You present a wonderful piece of work. The dioramas look like photographs from a battle painting. All the other merits have already been mentioned .I agree with them.

Jürgen
JurgenH  Germany

Return to Gallery