Gallery

Academy Ford GPA

Posted by MABO on 22 Apr 2024, 23:06

In the meantime I have also build and painted this wonderful model from Academy. All of their sets, fit very well and look very nice after assembling.

The Ford GPAThe Ford GPA "Seep" was an amphibious version of the World War II Ford GPW jeep. Over 12 thousand were made and they served with Allied forces in the many theatres of WW2, including the Pacific, Eastern front, and from D-day to the end.

Design features concept was similar to the larger and successful DUKW amphibious 21⁄2-ton truck were used on the GPA, but unlike these and the jeep, the 'seep' was not as successful a design. It was considered too slow and heavy on land, and lacked sufficient seagoing abilities in open water, due mainly to its low freeboard. Despite this it did have widespread use across the theatres of WW2.

Btw: The base was printed by Martin on the EME. He was so kind and gave me one. I really like this basic display. Very effective.

MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Santi Pérez on 23 Apr 2024, 18:44

MABO wrote:...All of their sets, fit very well and look very nice after assembling...

...and even better after your great paint job on it, Jan. :love:

MABO wrote:...The base was printed by Martin on the EME. He was so kind and gave me one. I really like this basic display. Very effective...

Image...

You mean the whole base, even what looks like wood, is 3D printed? Wow, that sounds fantastic for the presentation of dioramas and vignettes, both in terms of saving effort and money. :drool:

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by MABO on 24 Apr 2024, 05:21

Santi Pérez wrote:You mean the whole base, even what looks like wood, is 3D printed? Wow, that sounds fantastic for the presentation of dioramas and vignettes, both in terms of saving effort and money.

:-D :yeah:
MABO  Europe

Posted by Peter on 24 Apr 2024, 12:09

Very nice vehicle! And I like the base to! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by JurgenH on 24 Apr 2024, 16:45

Hello Jan
You did a great job, great weathering. I envy you both, base and vehicle.
Jürgen
JurgenH  Germany

Posted by huib on 24 Apr 2024, 20:53

Yes, I too was impressed by the quality of weathering of this small model. Well done MABO! A very nice model.
huib  Netherlands

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by MABO on 25 Apr 2024, 10:54

Thanks for your nice answers, folks.
MABO  Europe

Return to Gallery