Gallery

Perseus & Andromeda at it again

Posted by sberry on 22 Apr 2024, 15:52

Well, I had posted the photos of the finished project, but that post has vanished like a lot of other stuff, and I don’t feel like repeating everything… But there are some pictures that I did not show yet – time to do that now!
Using the same backgrounds as before, I had experimented a bit with a panorama format. So if you like to see Perseus and the Gang (actually, only Pegasus, Andromeda and Ketos) in a screen-filling format, you can click on these picture links:

(Background Kerguelen Islands © Antoine Lamielle, CC BY-SA 4.0)
sberry  Germany

Posted by sberry on 22 Apr 2024, 15:52

sberry  Germany

Posted by C M Dodson on 22 Apr 2024, 16:18

I am glad that you have reinstated this as it is very clever.

The Greek myths are full of tragedy and cruelty.

The monster is true to firm.

Best wishes,

Chris
C M Dodson  United Kingdom

Posted by Santi Pérez on 22 Apr 2024, 19:10

Well, once again I again express my admiration for this fantastic project, sberry. The figures and the scenery look great, enhanced by the clever choice of sea backgrounds. :love:

And now the panorama format makes the diorama even more spectacular. :notworthy:

Very well done, my friend! :thumbup:

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by Crynsminiaturen on 23 Apr 2024, 11:39

Thanks for posting your images again dear sberry.
Its great, it reminds me of Italian Mythological Superheroe movies from the 1960’s. Was that maybe your inspiration? The glossy effect of seawater on the monster and the rocks is very effective. Well done.
Crynsminiaturen  Netherlands

Supporting Business (Pro) Supporting Business (Pro)

Posted by sberry on 23 Apr 2024, 17:13

Thank you for your kind words!

There is a WIP thread where I have tried to explain a bit of the background of this project – yes, movies have been an inspiration, no doubt.

But the initial spark that really got this project started was, I believe, the pair of wings: Originally, I had bought them many years ago for creating a statue of the winged goddess Victoria/Nike, but then I felt they are too big for a figure in 1/72 scale. Trying to figure out what else they could be used for, I came across the Pegasus idea. This, and the fact that there are so many wonderful monsters of all kinds available for wargaming, was the true origin of this vignette…
sberry  Germany

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Peter on 24 Apr 2024, 12:06

Excellent and very original work! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Return to Gallery