Gallery

A small comeback with something new

Posted by Bendy_Straw on 13 Mar 2024, 15:00

Hello there! It has been almost a year if not more from the last time I posted. I know this is not the place for politics, but I feel the need to express my upset for the fact that, simply put, this economy does not take lightly to people of art and almost any intellectual personal interests. As such I have become part of the adult world that doesn't lend you enough free time to pursue your passions, and I had neither the time nor the energy to put into miniature painting that I have loved so much. My only work is recent (just finished) and it's a byproduct of me becoming a huge axis and allies fan in the past months. So with the custom minis I bought for the game I decided, why not paint some of them all the way. I have only ever painted napoleonics, so this was new for me. It's three bases, a british officer, two german soldiers and 2 soviets. I chose the poses on purpose, the Germans just standing cold, you can imagine them being in some rushed execution of villagers, and the Soviets heroicly charging. You can also notice the appropriate environment: the British is in a shore or desert, the Germans in a meadow, and the Soviets in muddy snow. If you compare them to my previous work you will see I have become a bit rusty. It was also the first time I tried to make snow terrain. I simply used some white paste and covered it with watered down brown tones like a wash, but I didn't manage to give a wet look, and I also didn't quite get the soviet uniform colour right. But either way I hope those are pleasant to the eye. Thank you!

Bendy_Straw  Greece

Posted by C M Dodson on 13 Mar 2024, 17:09

They all look very nice but to my mind the British officer really stands out.

He is in a really natural pose.

Best wishes,

Chris
C M Dodson  United Kingdom

Posted by Rich W on 14 Mar 2024, 23:57

Welcome back! And some nice updates!
Rich W  United Kingdom

Posted by k.b. on 15 Mar 2024, 11:31

Nice to see an old member back here and even moreso when he is posting new work.
Like Mr Dobson my favourite is the British kneeling officer, but the others are also very nicely painted.
Perhaps some mold lines could have been removed before such a nice paint job. Furthermore, I love the base work on your Russians.
Can’t wait to see more. Well done Bendy!
k.b.  Brazil
Bronze Brush winner

Posted by JurgenH on 17 Mar 2024, 20:45

Welcome back. I think they painted very nice figures. I like them very much.
Jürgen
JurgenH  Germany

Posted by Bill Slavin on 19 Mar 2024, 13:41

These are very pleasant to the eye - no surprise as your work is always excellent! WWII with its subdued colours is all about the subtle shading and you have done a fantastic job.
Bill Slavin  Canada

Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by sansovino on 22 Mar 2024, 16:39

Please, more of it .....
sansovino  Germany

Posted by CliosPaintingBench on 26 Mar 2024, 14:11

great WW2 figures. I would agree that the arts don't seem very valued financially, but I don't really have any solutions either. Great figures regardless!
CliosPaintingBench  Australia

Posted by MABO on 27 Mar 2024, 21:36

C M Dodson wrote:They all look very nice but to my mind the British officer really stands out.

He is in a really natural pose.

Best wishes,

Chris

I would second that! :yeah:
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Return to Gallery