Gallery

WWII The End Of Heeresgroup Afrika

Posted by JurgenH on 10 Feb 2024, 21:17

Hello
I would like to show you something again after a long time.
I have built the 15cm sFH from Italeri ex Toxo. A nicely detailed model, easy to build. Except for the 2 part barrel of the howitzer, which caused some extra work. There were 5 crew members. Unfortunately they are with the early uniform. The painting only indicates 1943 onwards, so I decided to build the FH in transport position.

I got an 8-ton tractor from Revell from a fellow model builder. Building it was no problem. I had to do some scratchbuilding again. I opened a rear storage compartment, behind it there are 6 drawers with accessories. The drawers are scratchbuilt, and so that the poor guy can reach them, he took a Flimsie canister from the storage basket.
I also redesigned the canopy as it looked too much like a toy to me.

The figures are only slightly modified and from different manufacturers. I had them all in the front wheel and didn't need to paint them. The Art. Abteilung suffered some losses. The 8 ton and howitzer markings are intentionally mismatched. The tractor also had an experience with a Spitfire, which left its calling card on the engine mount. The whole thing can be dated to late 1943, Army Group Africa near Tunis.

The dio is an old one, that has been recycled. With minimal changes. It used to show an M 13/40 and a Saharina. Some of you may remember it. I put it in the forum back then.
Have fun with the pictures.
Jürgen

JurgenH  Germany

Posted by agrippa on 14 Feb 2024, 07:41

wow great Job!!!!
agrippa  Germany

Posted by sansovino on 14 Feb 2024, 18:33

I like the realism of your scenery and story telling. It´s a great pleasure to study theirs interaction.
Do you have still more of the african WW2-theatre?
sansovino  Germany

Posted by JurgenH on 15 Feb 2024, 18:07

Hello, Sansovino. thank you very much for your nice comment. nice that you like my diorama.
Yes, I have built a lot of figures, slides and vehicles of all kinds. partly scratch built, but also out of the box. Are you looking for something special ? If you have any questions
I will gladly answer them.
Juergen
JurgenH  Germany

Posted by MABO on 17 Feb 2024, 12:08

Hello Jürgen it is a pitty that your pics are so small! Maybe you can have a look for another option. Peter explained it in one of your last posts. Desert War is really an interesting topic I would like to see more!
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by CliosPaintingBench on 17 Feb 2024, 15:18

Great detail in the build, hope to see more (ideally with larger photos haha)
CliosPaintingBench  Australia

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by JurgenH on 17 Feb 2024, 18:22

Hello, you have to click on the photo to enlarge it. I am still struggling with postimages . There is probably a possibility to enlarge the photos immediately. I am still looking for this possibility.
Unfortunately I don't have any more suitable photos.

Jürgen
JurgenH  Germany

Return to Gallery