Gallery

Miscellaneous Napoleonic Cavalry

Posted by Kekso on 11 Nov 2023, 08:21

Great work k.b. That grey spotted horse is awesome.
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by despertaferro on 11 Nov 2023, 14:13

I wish I could paint this well... :drool:

Congratulations!!
despertaferro  

Posted by k.b. on 12 Nov 2023, 20:46

Let me start by thanking Chris, Joan and Kekso for their kind words of encouragement.
These might well be my last photos before Christmas. As from tomorrow i shall be dedicating my precious free time to a new scenic base and a few new troops of Napoleonic Cavalry together with some infantry figures just to spice things up a little.

k.b.  Brazil
Bronze Brush winner

Posted by Santi Pérez on 19 Nov 2023, 20:08

despertaferro wrote:I wish I could paint this well... :drool:
Congratulations!!

I agree completely with Joan, k.b. :-)

And this is especially remarkable in the case of the Napoleonic figures you paint, where your attention to the innumerable details is mind-boggling. :drool:

My best congratulations on your work, k.b.! :thumbup:

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by k.b. on 21 Nov 2023, 12:18

Many thanks Santi for the kind words.
k.b.  Brazil
Bronze Brush winner

Posted by C M Dodson on 21 Nov 2023, 15:35

Beautiful painting and excellent photography on show.

Best wishes,

Chris
C M Dodson  United Kingdom

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by k.b. on 30 Nov 2023, 18:41

Thought i might add a photo or two as i have found a little free time. It may not be cavalry but it is Napoleonic.......and he is gonna be holding on to a horse ( I think!)

Image Image

Image Image
k.b.  Brazil
Bronze Brush winner

Posted by k.b. on 04 Dec 2023, 11:07

The lone Guard Grenadier is just a little piece of the big picture.......

.......apologies for not tidying my workspace but as i've been telling my wife for nigh on 35 years, "Sorry darling, but this is who i am!" At the end of the day I spend an eternity cleaning it up, and after 20 minutes sat down painting, chaos reigns again - so what's the point!?! And with this post a sneek preview of the next two units to join the fray.
k.b.  Brazil
Bronze Brush winner

Posted by Bessiere on 04 Dec 2023, 15:36

Mess? Looks like my work area I spend all day in. Ever so homey for my tastes. My wife has the same complaint and I have the same response you do. Creative people must have their own space for mess where Ideas can percolate and come to fruition. My area is somewhat similar with multiple projects going on at once and I suspect that is true for nearly everyone here. Love your grenadier, he's nicely done.
Cheers,
Bessiere
Bessiere  United States of America

Posted by MABO on 07 Dec 2023, 16:36

In the background you seem to have an amazing collection. Maybe you can give us a virtual tour!?
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by k.b. on 08 Dec 2023, 22:30

The two finished Polish Lancers.......only need basing.

I have spent considerable time comparing these lancers to Perry, Victrix and Warlord in 28mm and truly believe that these Zvezdas are better than all of their 28mm counterparts. If only i could get my hands on another 4/5 boxes allowing me to do some conversions. Let's see what Hannants have in stock......
k.b.  Brazil
Bronze Brush winner

Posted by k.b. on 08 Dec 2023, 23:19

Forgot to thank Bessiere for his solidarity in the name of art. It ‘s nice to know that feminine firepower doesn’t always win the day especially in this day and age. We old war games (f)artists are stuck in our ways ladies. Sorry about that!

As for your comments Mabo regarding a virtual tour of my workspace all I can say is you must be out of your mind. Neither you nor anyone else deserves a view through a camera lense into my soul. I may not be Joaquim Fênix or Jack Nicholson (for older members) but honestly Mabo if you were to have a virtual tour of my atelier in it’s normal state it would be like me damning you to hell. Nobody deserves that….. not even you!

Ps/ I do intend to have a tidy up before Christmas. If I succeed, I’ll see what I can do!
k.b.  Brazil
Bronze Brush winner

Posted by Rich W on 09 Dec 2023, 00:29

Lovely figures as always, such consistently high standards! Lots of interesting figures in that painting queue!
Rich W  United Kingdom

Posted by Ochoin on 09 Dec 2023, 09:00

Sublime work. A beautifully realised subject. I've never seen anyone adding the holstered musketoons they carried, BTW. Lovely touch.

I have but 2 issues - why aren't both figures carrying large tricolour flags & why aren't they both riding white horses???? (I've just seen Ridley Scott's poor excuse for a movie & my historical understanding is now forever warped).

donald
Ochoin  Scotland

Posted by k.b. on 09 Dec 2023, 13:42

Thanks a lot Rich and Ochoin for your comments. Always greatly appreciated be it praise or constructive criticism.

As you mention I do have a long line of interesting figures to be painted…….. I am particularly looking forward to Napoleon’s Mamelukes. Despite them being way oversize they are lovely sculpts by Italeri who deserve painting. Because of their gigantic proportions I had kind of discarded them. However, having recently chanced upon them decided the time had come to put them under the brush.

As for the lancers muskets/carbines Donald am afraid I can’t take credit where it’s not due - they are actually sculpted onto the two main horses supplied in the box. From my research it seems they weren’t always carried into battle but I think they were a nice detail added by Zvezda which add extra interest.

As for RScott’s movie I believe the less said the better. When it comes out on cable tv I will probably watch it because it will undoubtedly offer some inspiration even if historically speaking it amounts to trash.
k.b.  Brazil
Bronze Brush winner

Posted by k.b. on 14 Dec 2023, 00:30

Had a clean up - things were getting out of hand - even for me (Thanks Mabo for the incentive....on Saturday am off home to England for Christmas so who knows if a virtual tour of my atelier might just happen before i go). Before doing so I thought it might be interesting to take some piccies of my two 1/72 Napoleonic cavalry display cabinets. I know the mirrors and shine are not to everyone’s liking but i like them and this time they have all had small scenic bases added. Oh and there are a lot more cavalrymen here than in my first pictures on this thread. See what you think...

k.b.  Brazil
Bronze Brush winner

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Santi Pérez on 15 Dec 2023, 20:33

Wow, k.b., those shelves full of magnificently painted Napoleonic soldiers are worthy of being part of any museum dedicated to the history of that period. :drool: :drool: :drool:

My very best congratulations! :thumbup:

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by Bessiere on 18 Dec 2023, 02:42

That is a gorgeous display and quite extensive collection to be proud of. Superb work KB.
Cheers,
Bessiere
Bessiere  United States of America

Posted by Rich W on 20 Dec 2023, 23:31

I'd be more than a little pleased if I'd managed to accumulate that collection!
Rich W  United Kingdom

Posted by PatrickJ71 on 30 Dec 2023, 17:11

Your painted figures are always a feast for the eyes, k.b.
It's unbelievable how many beautiful figures you have painted together. And all to such a high standard.
thanks for sharing and keep them coming
Patrick
PatrickJ71  Belgium

Previous pageNext page

Return to Gallery