Gallery

Cushing's picket boat

Posted by Cryns on 27 Feb 2016, 12:39

Everybody look at picture number 4, the last one depicting the boat!

The ghost of Kostis' little daughter, still mourning about the loss of her Saugia beach wood piece, is part of the model! Incredible. And upside down so what good or scary omen will this be Kostis?

Thank you so much for posting WIP shots of your picket boat. I love it so much to see a combination of a scale model together with figures in this extremely high quality. And I love to see inventive ways of adding new elements to pre-fab models.

Time to have a look at your previous work.
Cryns  Netherlands

Supporting Business Supporting Business

Posted by Kostis Ornerakis on 27 Feb 2016, 17:32

Thank you both for your kind words,
Mr. Cryns you are very observant. As a matter of fact my little daughter Irine is a bit jealous because the model is dedicated to my grandson, son of my elder daughter, thats the reason she is near it in every chance she has.
I promised Irine a Santa Maria model which is out of the forum's content, even though she has crew on her.
Last edited by Paul on 16 Jul 2017, 20:39, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: pic link fixed
Kostis Ornerakis  Greece

In memoriam

Posted by Peter on 27 Feb 2016, 19:20

Kostis Ornerakis wrote:I promised Irine a Santa Maria model which is out of the forum's content, even though she has crew on her.

Why not? You can post it on the forum. Just use the right section. ;-)

And it will make your daughter happy! :-D
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Kostis Ornerakis on 28 Feb 2016, 10:41

Kind words Peter, I know that I am among friends. :-D
Kostis Ornerakis  Greece

In memoriam

Posted by Cryns on 29 Feb 2016, 19:46

Peter is right! I want to see more of your Santa Maria.

But Peter what is the right section for boats and ships?
I have roman cargo boats coming up soon. How many human figures need to be on board to post them in the Eye Candy Gallery again? :eh:
And Ancient Greek and Phoenician galley fleets for Alexanders Siege of Tyrus.
Is 160 rowing figures in one ship enough for the gallery? :mrgreen:

Kostis post your Santa Maria where Peter directs it to us and don't forget to add some info for the crew: I see unknown Renaissance sailors. I only know Preisers set of Columbus which is not a crew on board but a crew landing on the beach.
Cryns  Netherlands

Posted by Kostis Ornerakis on 29 Feb 2016, 20:38

I'll post some pictures in the "General" section. You are right Mr. Cryns I have used one figure from that set. It is the one with the long coat behind the desk with the navigation maps. Most of the figures were part of the kit of Revell's Santa Maria. I copied some of them with resin. The problem was, they were not scale compatible with Preiser's set so I shrinked Preiser's figure. Don't laugh but first I copied the original then I cut lengthwise then the waist, elbows and knees and reattached a Revell's head.
Kostis Ornerakis  Greece

In memoriam

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Peter on 01 Mar 2016, 20:15

Gentlemen, the right section is the one which goes with the scale. 1/72 or other scales. Very simple! ;-)

And as long there isn't overkill, planes, ships and tanks are welcome. :-D
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Cryns on 03 Mar 2016, 18:10

Kostis Ornerakis wrote: Don't laugh but first I copied the original then I cut lengthwise then the waist, elbows and knees and reattached a Revell's head.

Yes I will :o :-D :xd: :-)

But thats how it goes: once you start it, you only stop when the goal is achieved, no matter how much time and effort it takes.
Cryns  Netherlands

Previous page

Return to Gallery