Game Reports

Cacabelos, Spain, January 3, 1809

Posted by Bill Slavin on 17 Mar 2024, 15:19

It seems all I find time to do these days are game reports! And not even those...
Alan and I took a break from the Spanish/French scenarios that our friend Brian North has been cranking out these days to try adapting the Cacabelos scenario from Michael Hopper's scenario book, Perfidious Albion. Michael's scenarios are written to be adapted to any rule set and with a bit of effort I was able to convert this one to our rule set of choice, Over the Hills, using my 1/72 figures.
Here is a link to the battle report on my blog:
link
And here are a few shots from the action:

Bill Slavin  Canada

Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Santi Pérez on 17 Mar 2024, 20:12

Another superb battle report from a Peninsular War encounter, Bill. And, as always, it's difficult to choose between the figures and the scenery, as the quality of both is fantastic. :love: :love: :love:

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by Bill Slavin on 17 Mar 2024, 20:52

Thanks, Santi. Kind words. I'm one of those gamers that likes all the aspects pretty equally - the game, the visuals and the history.
Bill Slavin  Canada

Posted by C M Dodson on 18 Mar 2024, 09:47

Another atmospheric triumph from Mr. Peninsular.

It is nice to see the low camera angles giving an extra dimension to your battles.

Best wishes,

Chris
C M Dodson  United Kingdom

Posted by k.b. on 18 Mar 2024, 12:28

Your battle reports never fail to bring a smile to my face Bill. Like everyone else here on Bennos we love your take on the Peninsular War with your delightful buildings, trees, greenery and here we even have a shallow river/ford for troops to fight over. Pure inspiration, indeed! My favourites are your ever so cool looking 95th Rifles who really are beautifully painted.
k.b.  Brazil
Bronze Brush winner

Posted by Bessiere on 19 Mar 2024, 02:29

Your tables are always superb and while there is stiff competition none are more beautifully composed . Your skills at photography are very fine indeed, transporting the viewer down to combat on a personal level. You inspire the rest of us to do better that's for sure..
Cheers,
Bessiere
Bessiere  United States of America

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Bill Slavin on 19 Mar 2024, 13:30

Thanks, all, for the kind comments. I think there are some that would challenge the sugestion that I have any camera skills (one friend has suggested a Go Fund Me campaign to get me better lighting!) but ever since I was a kid I have loved looking at my toy soldiers from ground level. :-)
Bill Slavin  Canada

Return to Game Reports