Posted by Dad's Army on 18 Dec 2023, 21:30

This is duel nr.265 folks!

The rules this time were:

The duel against mister X.
- El Sid monk - Hät set 8248
- Monthly duel mister X
- 2 pictures

You have a week to choose your winner.
Once again gentlemen take your places and may the best painter win.
Please leave comments after the duel has finished

"Silent Night"

vs

"Let us pray for a new Mr X!"

Dad's Army  Netherlands

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Dad's Army on 28 Dec 2023, 21:05

And that was the last duel of 2023, and also Mr.X's last duel which he also won,
a very nice ending. Today at work I already got an email from my good friend Peter
who wanted to be put out of his misery. Yes the best man once again sacrificed himself
to do a duel, but alas. During my "BUMP" it was still 7-7.
But Peter thanks for another extra duel, and a nice touch is that you were the first mr.X
to take on the last.
Congratulations Mr. X on this nice finish, you deserved this one as far as I'm concerned!

For now we will stop the Mr.X mystery duels for a while, and that is mainly because it is a disaster to find an opponent among the many members here, no idea why, it is just so much fun.
Also, the number of voters is extremely disappointing, something that makes a duel extra fun.
But who knows, maybe we'll try again someday.
For now thanks to all who participated, the voters, the duelists but especially Mr. X over the years.

Of course one question remains: who was Mr. X in 2022/2023 and has 24 duels to his name here....
Who do you think it is?
Dad's Army  Netherlands

Moderator Moderator

Posted by MABO on 28 Dec 2023, 22:56

To be honest... I have no idea, but I am really curious! So please open the mystery box soon. Congrats for the last duel. I voted for Peter, but was sure I voted for Mr.X this time, sorry folks. Both figs are really nice and the fun fact is, that I painted the monk myself, together with the knight from the same box for an earlier duel.

To pause the mystery duels is a good idea, I think. Let's see what's going on in a year or so. Thanks for all the members and moderators who make this happen.
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Peter on 29 Dec 2023, 23:50

It was fun doing this last duel! Ok I lost but as you all know that is not the most important thing to me. I painted another figure and I'm happy with that. Congrats to Mr X for the win. :thumbup:

Just a guess but I'm thinking that Michael from France is Mr X. :eh:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Michael Robert on 30 Dec 2023, 15:05

Hi Peter,
you are a big duellist I have noticed, but how can I be Mr X when I won a duel in august? Against myself?
Actually, I had the one-and-only opportunity during Covid period - at that time I was soemtimes close to Brown-out peing paid for doing nothing or useless stuff. However, I seized my chance here, became Mr X and was really happy.

Mr X did a phenomenal job in pursuing all these duels. Like myself, when I was Mr X he made enormous progress in all the different techniques required. He did loose a lot which does not always reflect all the way he has grown. Of course, I am curious who he is.
Many many greetings to all
Michael

P.S. I have the impression the forum runs at normal speed. If Remco did some maintenance it would be useful to announce it out loud, so that people come back.
Michael Robert  France

Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Rich W on 31 Dec 2023, 00:18

Another very good duel. Congrats to you both.
Rich W  United Kingdom

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Kaiphranos on 01 Jan 2024, 17:14

Nice job to both contestants this round! I am also curious to see the identity of Mr. X revealed. :)

Sorry to see the duels being paused; I have enjoyed taking part over the past couple years. But I understand it being frustrating to find participants. To increase votes, I wonder if it would be possible to have a banner at the top of the forum or something when voting is open? I am sure there have been a couple where I forgot to check, since the dueling field is down towards the bottom of the page.
Kaiphranos  United States of America

Posted by Santi Pérez on 01 Jan 2024, 20:09

Too bad, I missed the last duel of the year and who knows for how long until they take place again. :(

If I had voted this last time, I would have voted for the winner. Although both figures, within their simplicity of colours, are very well painted, I like the matte finish of the first one better than the glossy one of the second one, maybe influenced by the light. :(

My congratulations also to all the Mr. X's and duelists I have seen over the last few years. They have all shown great qualities and it has been a pleasure to enjoy and vote for their works. Maybe in the future I will participate (not as Mr. X, but at least as a duelist) when this amazing activity is revived. ;-)

Dad's Army wrote:...Of course one question remains: who was Mr. X in 2022/2023 and has 24 duels to his name here....
Who do you think it is?

The truth is that I have no idea who it could be and am anxious to find out. :shock:

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by Dad's Army on 12 Jan 2024, 08:47

Well girl's and guy's, who was Mr. X

Give me some names, until now I didn't hear a right name :mrgreen:
You have got one week I guess.... Until Mr. X makes his post....
Dad's Army  Netherlands

Moderator Moderator

Return to The Duelling Field