General

ETW / NTW anyone?

Posted by Acid on 26 Feb 2014, 16:08

Hi There!

Are there any fanatic Empire and Napoleon Total War gamers on benno's? With the release of Empire in 2009 a dream of mine became reality, I was waiting for the Total War series to move into the gunpowder era's. Although I think the should have started with a pike and shot game set during 80 years / 30 years war, I was glad to finally leave behind the sword and arrow warfare. Napoleon was a new high point for me because finale we where able to play as the big small man himself and re-write history!! (oh how many times the French invasion of Ireland and the whole of the British isles where a stunning success in my campaigns).

On the moment I use Darthmod v8.0.1 for Empire, and Darthmod v2.65 for Napoleon, both providing bigger units (line infantry up to 360 men, cavalry up to 120 troopers), much much more extensive unit rosters, notable better acting of the CAI and BAI, more impressive arty, pre-saved games for campaigns with [40] unit army's and visual improvements. Even after al these years and the hundreds (maybe thousands) of hours playing total war games, I still can't get enough of them!

So, any more fans out there? Maybe interested in doing some one on one online battling?

Cheers!
Remco.
Acid  Netherlands

Posted by Xantippos on 30 May 2014, 20:15

I am total fan of Rome Total War and Medieval II, but Empire first it demanded too high specifications for my computer, and when I was able to try it correctly it seemed full of bugs. It is true I haven't played the expansion, nor I haven't tried any mod, but I don't like most of the changes they have done to the typical Total War recipe.
Xantippos  

Return to General