Work in Progress

The Challenge to finish some Projects

Posted by MABO on 07 Jan 2024, 20:15

Hello friends,
last year was not a good year for my hobby. So I would like to start with a presentation of all the projects I have on and around my table at the moment. :oops:

I really hope to finish at least some of them in the next twelve months. Most of all I hope to make progress in my Prussian 1.Korps Project. It's still alive :mrgreen:!

Also I have started to repaint some old but nice figs. This is another challenge.

And the first small result I can show you:

I have rearranged my vitrine for my French Napoleonic Army and repainted these Art Miniaturen. Hope you like them (only the first row!).

Keep your fingers crossed and I feel the challenge to show something new here soon. :occasion:

MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Ochoin on 07 Jan 2024, 21:36

It's important to remember this is a hobby & you shouldn't feel forced to do anything.
Very Zen, I know, but paint/model when you feel like it & enjoy the experience. It shouldn't be work.

I'm a sucker for well-painted Napoleonic figures. Your offering is very acceptable, indeed.
I hope to see more when you get round to it.

donald
Ochoin  Scotland

Posted by Michael Robert on 08 Jan 2024, 14:55

Lots of interesting stuff on your table, Jan
This is a hell of a New Year's Resolution. If you succeed in doing them all you'll beat most of us in terms of productivity. But like Donald said - and Remco's first law : "it's all for fun only!"
Like the ArtMiniaturen. Good to recall our memory on these. They have (had?) a huge offer
Greetings
Michael
Michael Robert  France

Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by MABO on 08 Jan 2024, 17:06

Michael Robert wrote:Like the ArtMiniaturen. Good to recall our memory on these. They have (had?) a huge offer

They still have!

You are both right concerning the hobby status of my activities. :-D
The picture of all this stuff is supposed to be fun, because we all know the problem that our ideas come faster than the realisation. :mrgreen:
MABO  Europe

Posted by PaulRPetri on 09 Jan 2024, 15:22

I have to hand it to you Jan you are a far braver man than me!! If I hauled out all of my unfinished stuff the shear size of it would cause me to panic and I would start selling it off great chunks of it!!
Actually I have done that in the past! I wish you luck in completing a project or two this year. I myself find it very difficult to stay focused and I bounce around too much for my own good!
PaulRPetri  United States of America

Posted by MABO on 09 Jan 2024, 16:54

PaulRPetri wrote:I have to hand it to you Jan you are a far braver man than me!! If I hauled out all of my unfinished stuff the shear size of it would cause me to panic and I would start selling it off great chunks of it!!

:xd:
MABO  Europe

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Santi Pérez on 09 Jan 2024, 20:11

Ochoin wrote:It's important to remember this is a hobby & you shouldn't feel forced to do anything.
Very Zen, I know, but paint/model when you feel like it & enjoy the experience. It shouldn't be work...

I totally agree with Donald's opinion and I try to apply it to myself whenever I can, although not always with success, hahaha.

By the way, most of your projects are much further along than mine, Jan. :mrgreen:

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by Egbert on 11 Jan 2024, 08:31

Hello Jan,
yes, that actually looks like a lot of exciting work. :oops:
Give yourself the time you need and work on one project at a time.
I'm really looking forward to your finished Prussian 1st Corps.
Hope to see you soon.. :P
Egbert  Germany

Posted by PhilC on 12 Jan 2024, 09:01

PaulRPetri wrote:If I hauled out all of my unfinished stuff the shear size of it would cause me to panic and I would start selling it off great chunks of it!!

Ah ah! If I tried to display all unfinished projects together, I would be unable to take a picture, even with a wide angle photo lens :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Jan, I don't know the Art Miniaturen range, but they look great!
PhilC  Europe

Supporting Member (Silver) Supporting Member (Silver)

Posted by Kekso on 14 Jan 2024, 10:52

Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator

Posted by CliosPaintingBench on 15 Jan 2024, 11:43

Always good to take your time and chip away at the backlog, hope the progress goes well!
CliosPaintingBench  Australia

Posted by MABO on 17 Jan 2024, 00:21

Thank you all for the support. I am really relaxed concerning the hobby. And I can post some small updates soon.
MABO  Europe

Posted by Peter on 26 Jan 2024, 14:07

Pfft, is that all? :mrgreen:

Looking forward to your finished projects! ;-) :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by sansovino on 14 Feb 2024, 18:40

Sorry, I see mostly finished projects which makes joy to continue still the many own projects.
sansovino  Germany

Posted by MABO on 16 Feb 2024, 22:45

I have managed to finish some small things :-D

Dragon M4 with a crew from Scale75

Have a look here:

http://bennosfiguresforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26442

Plastic Soldier Company STUG III

Repaint of Art Miniatures Wellington, Uxbridge and Picton. I really like this set - Gordon is still missing - and I had painted the figures more than 20 years ago, I think. So I give them another chance to look a little bit better. :mrgreen:

Same here with these two British Officers on horseback. They are still wip!!

And I painted the last of the Prussian Artillery pieces for my Prussian 1.Korps Project.

Have a look here as well:

http://bennosfiguresforum.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=11&t=22316#preview

Btw: Since Remco is poking me to buy cool and cheap stuff from Green Stuff World, I had bought their Lightbox to improve my photos. I hope you see the difference. ;-)

MABO  Europe

Posted by MABO on 16 Feb 2024, 22:46

But still lots to do...
MABO  Europe

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by JurgenH on 17 Feb 2024, 18:50

Hi,Jan
The Sherman and the US figures are well done. Sorry, I don't like the stug so much. The colour dark yellow you have not hit so well. it should be a lot brighter. Then the other camouflage would also show up better. the processing of PS is also not so good. Take a look at the armour of the all-round machine gun.PS is made more for wargamiging. They are not so suitable for exhibition models. With the following figures you have surpassed yourself, they are really great.
Jürgen
JurgenH  Germany

Posted by Michael Robert on 17 Feb 2024, 20:43

Hallo Jan,
nice to watch your projects. Lots of good stuff. I reckognize your favourite subjects. Just the results of the lightbox, I am not convinced yet. You impressed me before with much better light effects
Greetings Michael
Michael Robert  France

Posted by MABO on 17 Feb 2024, 22:17

JurgenH wrote:Hi,Jan
The Sherman and the US figures are well done. Sorry, I don't like the stug so much. The colour dark yellow you have not hit so well. it should be a lot brighter. Then the other camouflage would also show up better. the processing of PS is also not so good. Take a look at the armour of the all-round machine gun.PS is made more for wargamiging. They are not so suitable for exhibition models. With the following figures you have surpassed yourself, they are really great.
Jürgen

Hello Jürgen,
thank you for your response. You are right with the yellow for sure. It might be influenced by the light and the additional work on the photos. I am still working on the best way to use the light box and maybe my mobile is not the best tool in combination with it. But I will try to do better next time. Every AFV is a new challenge for me.
MABO  Europe

Posted by MABO on 17 Feb 2024, 22:19

Michael Robert wrote:Hallo Jan,
nice to watch your projects. Lots of good stuff. I reckognize your favourite subjects. Just the results of the lightbox, I am not convinced yet. You impressed me before with much better light effects
Greetings Michael

Hello Michael,
thank you as well for your answer. As I have written, I have to discover the best way to take photos with the new tool I have. I keep your comments and I will use another camera next time. Then we can see a difference maybe. Stay tuned...
MABO  Europe

Next page

Return to Work in Progress