Work in Progress

New Napoleonic units 9/2023

Posted by Bessiere on 12 Sep 2023, 03:17

Stopped work on casualty figures to finish up some projects I'd started long ago and after a complete vacation from painting for several months here's the latest batch of units to show.

1803 French Coastal Artillery unit w/ 24lber. Figures by Spiera.

HaT Russian line infantry (2 battalions)

Redbox Pavlovsk grenadiers

HaT Saxon Infantry

Waterloo 1815 French Foot Dragoons

HaT and Strelets Bavarian Fusiliers. You may recognize these from a diorama that was repurposed for gaming figures.

HaT Bavarian Artillery

HaT with Zvezda Command Group Russian Dragoons

Chintoys Austrian High Command/ Schwarzenberg/ Archduke Charles/Leichtenstein/Emperor Francis II

Italeri Napoleon with staff, Strelets Marshal Ney on R

Gen. LaSalle (Strelets)

Franznap Gens D'Hautpol and Nansouty
Bessiere  United States of America

Posted by Beano Boy on 12 Sep 2023, 06:05

Highly excited approval Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! :thumbup: :coffee: BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Captain Sibourne on 12 Sep 2023, 07:48

Those are really impressive, I especially like that Austrian general. Beautifully painted and photographed.
Captain Sibourne  United Kingdom

Posted by MABO on 12 Sep 2023, 15:26

Great stuff! I really like these colourfull units and their commanders.
MABO  Europe

Posted by Konrad on 12 Sep 2023, 18:12

Great painted figs!
And great pics.
Konrad  Germany
Bronze Brush winner

Posted by Minuteman on 12 Sep 2023, 21:30

A varied and splendid array of Napoleonics. You have managed to bring to life even some of the less graceful HaT sculpts (I'm thinking here of their Russian pre-1812 infantry and the Saxons) with your wonderful brushwork. The Spiera French coastal defence gun and crew and Waterloo 1815 dismounted dragoons look very fine and are stand-outs for me as they are a little more unusual as subject matter. And the individual commanders and personality figures are very fine.

Across the board, some great work here. Well done!
Minuteman  United Kingdom

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Bessiere on 13 Sep 2023, 00:15

Thank you Mark. I found the HaT Russian and Saxon infantry a pleasure to paint . The sculpts may look ugly but they have well defined edges and mercifully little flash. I recall discussing the Redbox Pavlovoski grenadier options (I think it was with you?) available and while I like the sculpts the flash was murder. Certain units are on everyone's "must have" list like the Spiera gun and crew. The foot dragoons I started 5 years ago and ended up repainting them from scratch. I love the realism of the figures but unlike the HaT figs these don't have solid edges making them very challenging, for me anyway. I also finished up 3 -12 man squadrons of French Cuirassiers along with a dozen or so other officer figures but I thought this was enough pics for one thread.

Thanks for taking a gander and thank you everyone who's taken the time to comment.
Cheers,
Bessiere

Posted by C M Dodson on 13 Sep 2023, 07:35

Hello Mr B.

You have worked wonders with these figures.

Your painting is exceptional and they are a credit to your endeavours .

Best wishes,

Chris
C M Dodson  United Kingdom

Posted by k.b. on 14 Sep 2023, 00:39

Yep.....now i know why you had been away from Bennos for a while Mr B....... you've had your hands full. In particular I loved your Austrian generals as well as your Generals Nansouty and D'Hartpoul. I am working on a few of Franznap's French Hussars - to tell you the truth i started on them a long time ago - but i find the horse heads to be a bit offputting, esp the eyes. Nonetheless the overall poses of those horses are absolutely splendid. Your dismounted dragoons are also terrific, and i find myself strangely drawn to your Bavarian Artillery from Hat.
Love seeing your work Bessiere...... thanks for posting.
k.b.  Brazil
Bronze Brush winner

Posted by Santi Pérez on 14 Sep 2023, 19:54

Impressive collection of units, Bessiere. I love them all, they are fantastically painted. :love: :love: :love:

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by Peter on 30 Sep 2023, 21:42

Hey David, those figures are all very good painted! I like them all. :thumbup:

But I have a question about the Chintoy figures. Never seen them in scale 1/72, only in scale 1/32 (54 mm). Can you give me some more information please?
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Bessiere on 01 Oct 2023, 15:17

You have the correct information. They are bigger. 1/32 scale I think. I like the scale difference for important officers since these are all for a war game of my own any way. I wish I could paint 1/72 figures that well!
Cheers,
Bessiere

Posted by Peter on 01 Oct 2023, 17:21

Bessiere wrote:You have the correct information. They are bigger. 1/32 scale I think. I like the scale difference for important officers since these are all for a war game of my own any way. I wish I could paint 1/72 figures that well!
Cheers,
Bessiere

Thank you for taking away my confusion! I was afraid I missed something! :xd: And yes these figures are lovely. They are on my wishlist! ;-)

PS: your 1/72 figures are very good painted! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Santi Pérez on 05 Oct 2023, 19:35

Peter wrote:...PS: your 1/72 figures are very good painted! :thumbup:

I agree completely with Peter, Bessiere. ;-)

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Return to Work in Progress