General

Shelves

Posted by Ochoin on 22 Oct 2022, 21:35

My book shelves, flanking my work desk, contain a permanent & floating array of objects.

Hobby stuff can be figures just finished, still being worked on but temporarily put to one side, beginnings of projects of figures/units I want to look at.

What's on your shelves?

donald
Ochoin  Scotland

Posted by Bessiere on 23 Oct 2022, 18:23

Books and cats which sadly preclude the notion of displaying anything on them. The cats apparently don't share my tastes in decorating and think small objects are best displayed on the floor.
Cheers,
Bessiere
Bessiere  United States of America

Posted by Kekso on 02 Nov 2022, 17:24

Ochoin wrote:
What's on your shelves?

Dust, a lot of it :xd: ... and many unfinished projects :oops:
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by RSDean on 04 Nov 2022, 10:45

> What's on your shelves?

Like yours, the shelves in my painting space tend to accumulate partial units and individual trial figures. For the Reaper Forums, I have often posted a monthly accomplishments picture, so I do tend to leave the most recently finished figures until the end of the month. I put them away after the group picture.
RSDean  United States of America

Posted by Santi Pérez on 07 Nov 2022, 20:50

Mine are a lot like yours, Donald. In front of books, figures boxes, paints and others, a multitude of figures accumulate in different stages of elaboration (unconverted and unpainted, converted but not painted, primed and half-painted). Those that I have already finished are exposed in a closed showcase that I have for that purpose. :shock:

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by Ochoin on 07 Nov 2022, 23:29

Santi Pérez wrote: Those that I have already finished are exposed in a closed showcase that I have for that purpose. :shock:

Santi.

I could get a glass-fronted showcase but, sadly, I don't have good enough figures to put in it.

If not (temporarily) on my shelves, the various armies languish in plastic drawers inside cupboards.

donald
Ochoin  Scotland

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Morat on 09 Nov 2022, 18:38

I also have to use my book shelf to place the figures I am working on. As soon as they are done, I move them into temporary showcases. Those plastic boxes are actually designed for signed baseballs. I use recycled packing material for the base since all my figures have brass pins.

Morat  Switzerland

Return to General