General

3D print

Posted by bothree69 on 16 Jul 2021, 09:24

Hello everybody..

I finally successed to purchase a 3D printer (used)
Which on can indicate me safe sites for downloading files???
How should I go for proportions ??
for example...
Ia a model is 134 mm high
How do I reduce it for 1/72 scale??

Thanks .... Waiting for your answers
bothree69  Italy

Posted by zirrian on 23 Jul 2021, 23:28

What kind of printer did you get?

You can look at Thingiverse for free files, and Wargaming3D and MyMiniFactory for paid ones, they are all good sources. I'm sure there are other sites too, but these are the ones I use the most.

Regarding the proportions, it depends on what you are printing, really.
zirrian  Hungary

Posted by Wiking on 24 Jul 2021, 09:17

Thankfully my Workmate print me with his own 3D printer some water animales.
He choose Thingiverse.

Figure: Esci for comparison.

Remember he reduce the given animals into scale 1/72 ! So some seahorse and the end of one fish is not perfect done due to the super small print. But the most are well printed.

All for my next Dio, but very small progress due to the summertime now. :-D
Wiking  Germany

Posted by Arkoudaki on 24 Jul 2021, 18:22

Well I have been 3D printing for a while and based on my experiences getting really good 1/72 scale figs does depend on your printer, your resin, and your experience (especially on providing good supports manually). Also be aware that you can't always successfully scale up or down and get good results...but you can try! The best budget printer at present is the Phrozen Sonic Mini 4K, that goes down to 35 microns on a 4K screen (that means good resolution). However, it isn't really for beginners. I learned my skills on a trusty Photon and then graduated up (or should I say down in microns! LOL). The good news is that there are loads of helpful forums, mostly on FB that can help people. Just beware of all the gloom and doom, as there is a lot of it, as people mostly go to these forums with 'problems', many of their own making, as they think a 3D printer is a plug and play device, which is most definitely isn't. All that said, I love 3D printing and I am so glad that I got into it.
Arkoudaki  United Kingdom

Return to General