Finished these off tonight- the trees.... man don't get me started! I cut each leaf out individually with fecking scissors! I had this crazy idea whilst researching trees from the Sudan I came across these
jokers. they are endangered and common in the Sudan and i thought they looked quite cool (plus I have a potted dragon plant at home) so I figure I'll make one! Every way I tried to make the leaves looked crap except cutting them out by hand, so I did. by this point I had already made the base, figures and tree stump so I had to add them onto that then I had to try painting the leaves wihtout ruining the model- bendy, flimsy, flicky paper leaves. Ironically you can't see the leaves or the shading on them properly on these pics... so it didn't really matter. Enough bitchin- here it is:
You can see I as playing around a bit with some of the ideas in Oniria's tutorial- merging the two styles a little. Not quite there yet, but getting there.
For EFB: I trimmed the guy holding his rifle horizontal loads after we talked about them being a bit bulky- its hard to tell but I spent an hour with a sharp scalpel and a hot pin and took material off his sleeves, armpits, shoulders, back and legs. He looks better, and very much so compared next to a non doctored one, but not worth the effort!