Miniatures Talk

Arcane Legions centaurs

Posted by PaulRPetri on 08 Sep 2019, 20:44

I wasnt quite sure were to post this as I have no idea if Arcane Legions was a boardgame or just a stand alone mini game. Anyway because I am such an impulsive fool, which has caused me no end of trouble, I decided not to wait on the Alliance Centaurs and I found these on Ebay. I paid $5.00 a box which includes 14 mounted figures but only 5 of them are Centaurs. They are part of the Egyptian army pack which made me stop and ponder that one. Ebay link;
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Arcane-Legions ... 2749.l2649

Here are some shots with Alliance figures:ImageImageImage
One word of caution. All the Centaurs need to have their right arms attached, no problem. But there are 3 remaining riders that also need right arms and the set doesnt have enough right arms to go around!! They have 3 left arms on the sprue but nobody needs a left arm! Oh well.
That Ebay link has the figures for around seven dollars but as soon as I clicked on "Watching" the item the seller sent me a five dollar offer he wants to get ride of them.
PaulRPetri  United States of America

Posted by carlosfaro on 08 Sep 2019, 21:18

Good addition, Paul. I bought some years ago that complete game with all basic infantry and cavalry troops for three factions (fantasy Rome, fantasy Egypt, fantasy Han China), and also al the boosters with special funny and useful figures (painted from factory not very succesfull.)
It was a very good purchase for having a mighty 1/72 exotical stuff with all those centaurs, chinese ghosts and demons, sphynxes, mummy warriors, a dwarf engineer, romans in servoarmours on foot and riding bears, amazons on lions, sorceresses of manh kinds, druids... And in additiin to that, basic human infantry and cavalry troops to add variety in "normal" 1/72 armies...

If you get any further rest from this game i honestly belive, it is worth of puchasing
carlosfaro  

Posted by PaulRPetri on 10 Sep 2019, 01:36

Thanks for that tip Carlos I am always on the look out for items on Ebay and it really helps to know they will actually work in the 1/72 scale. There does not appear to be much out there to buy any more but one lives in hope.
PaulRPetri  United States of America

Posted by Bluefalchion on 10 Sep 2019, 10:56

PaulRPetri wrote:All the Centaurs need to have their right arms attached, no problem. But there are 3 remaining riders that also need right arms and the set doesnt have enough right arms to go around!! They have 3 left arms on the sprue but nobody needs a left arm! Oh well.

The rest of your men had better look alive. Someone may soon be wandering through the ranks to find someone willing to donate a bare right arm!
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Return to Miniatures Talk