General

What are your plans for 2019 ?

Posted by Emperor on 31 Dec 2018, 11:04

Remember what Martin Luter said...Those who drink beer sleep more, and when you sleep more you don-t make any sins, so those who drink go to Heaven ;-)
Emperor  

Posted by Paul on 31 Dec 2018, 11:44

...and what about redwine, Scotch, Raki, Jägermeister ?
Paul  China

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Emperor on 31 Dec 2018, 12:52

@Paul-They go to shop to buy all those things :mrgreen:
Emperor  

Posted by Graeme on 31 Dec 2018, 14:56

Hey! I'm not finished with 2018 yet:

I still have to finish turning that pringles can into a Celtic roundhouse so I can post pics of Boudica. She's waited so long for her photo shoot that her chariot drivers whip has started to sag. There are a couple of Torsten's war hounds waiting to appear in the scene with her too.

I also have to finish turning those HaT Colonial figures into Australian policemen for another scene to post. And finish painting Torstens excellent Highland cattle; I can't seem to mix the paint the right shade of ginger that I want. Which is odd because I had no trouble getting that exact colour when I did Murat's tiger skin.

Then there's all the assorted wierd stuff I get distracted by, and the thing with the HaT dog and the mane I shaved of the Orion lion, but that will probably end up looking less like a dog and more like a dog's breakfast. Then of course there's all of the ordinary soldiers to go in actual armies waiting to be painted. All of my Druids incantations don't seem to have speeded me up at all.

But, as they say, "Tomorow is another year". If you really want to know about my 2019 projects ask me in 2023. :oops:

Time to pour a drink so I can raise a glass to all of you. A Very Happy New Year to you all :occasion:
Graeme  Australia

Posted by FredG on 01 Jan 2019, 20:58

What are your plans for 2019 ?

Celebrating 2020 :beer:
FredG  United Kingdom

Posted by Fire at Will on 02 Jan 2019, 08:40

I don't have an overall theme to 2019 except to try and reduce the painting backlog in a number of periods. Ideally this should help reduce the stash, but I'll certainly be buying quite a few of the latest Strelets releases

So my main aims are (in no particular order)

Continue tricorne rebasing (just AWI now) plus extra/replacement cavalry units

Medieval – More WOTR longbow/bill units, mounted archers, cavalry, Scottish cavalry , extra Crusader foot

Renaissance – Russian Stoldatski, etc. using up the Strelets bonus figures plus Galleys

Revolution – doubling up my French and British forces in Egypt. One Additional Austrian line unit plus another in Austrian style uniform (Baden?), Maybe replace Springwood grenadiers?.

Napoleonic – work on the Spanish, continue the cavalry, acquire more early infantry, Tidy up French artillery, especially limbers, Pavlov Grenadiers

WW2 – bits and pieces (I'll try to avoid buying more), but I will buy and work on some Free French for Bir Hacheim

Interwar - Rifs and more French Foreign Legion

SYW – Hanoverian Infantry Brigade, more (French?) Cavalry, British guns

WW1 – increase/rebase British

WSS – French Infantry (Mars)

28mm – “skirmishing” WSS figures to provide some opposition for my pirates

Terrain – more buildings, wadis, vines, etc
Fire at Will  United Kingdom

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Previous page

Return to General