General

My latest purchase

Posted by Beano Boy on 03 Sep 2018, 12:41

Yes Dalibor, Games Workshop figures, the whole Set of 80 Mag`s would cost £960.00.
Therefore i have no intention of subscribing! :mrgreen:
I put three of the figures together and for little o`ll me it was kinda awkward I had to shorten some of the pegs to make them fit.

So here they are on my casting up table with some of my soon to be dipped in my colourwash sci- fi propss that cost nothing except the plaster to fill them, :-D because I used plastic packaging for moulds. I`m not a gamer, just an author of very tall tales.

This one has a peg left hand side but nothing was upon the sprue that plugs onto it.
:( I guess there will be extras later on that do.

This one went together A OK!

I had a devil of job getting the right arm to fit on this guy.

:coffee: Righty O, it`s time for a cream cake and hot sweet tea. BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Beano Boy on 04 Sep 2018, 02:19

It is interesting to note that while I was watching Games Workshop stuff on You Tube,the small boxed sets of three figures retail out at £10.00 each. Now that's a crazy price to pay on something containing little content. Figure wise I mean, but I guess the game plan rules also included plus a little book of instructions does give useful information on how to play.

So on my purchase on the 1st issues yes I got 4 paint brushes, along with £40.00 worth of spaced out figures, plus 12 tubs of paint worth £18.00. Which is exceedingly good going as I only spent £7.96. :-D I like getting freebees.
Do You? BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 11 Oct 2018, 00:58

Beat the Drums Softly

A number of loose sprues

These are the last of the warlord games French infantry poses needed for painting. Here it was cheaper to buy boxes of them, rather than the loose sprues.

A small contingent of Prussians. These will join the swelling ranks of Bluchers army.

A few of these are to man La Haye Sainte, to be painted up as The Kings German Legion at Waterloo.
The 95th Rifles are for the sand pit overlooking the farm house. Both regiments had the same uniform and were armed with the Baker Rifle. I also bought lots of single figures too,in the firing, loading, and advancing poses.

:coffee: My Mrs B, smiled at seeing me painting toy soldiers again. BB
Beano Boy  England

Previous page

Return to General