Members

Introductory thread

Posted by FalkenweltModellbau on 06 Jan 2019, 12:55

Hail thee,

i am Thorsten Brandes from germany and found this forum via a friend who said it's worth to have a look in what's going on in 1/72 scale.

I am 49 years old and i am playing around with tabletop and model making since my childhood. My main scale is the 28mm tabletop standard and the main themes are science fiction and fantasy.
At this time i am heavily addicted to 3D sculpting, scanning and printing. I also love to cast silicon molds for my models. If you know hirstarts stones that's another one of my hobbies. Buildings out of plaster cast stones.

I have a small part time business called "Falkenwelt Modellbau" to finance my hobby by selling stuff to the community. This is also because i have not much space and need to get rid of the many bigger projects.

At the moment i am doing a deep dive in 1/72 cause i have a diorama project for roman 1/72 models. With 3D printing it is possibly to do some "scale down" printings of stuff that was originally designed for a bigger scale or vice versa.

I dare to share a kickstarter link with my own fantasy dwarfs as an example of all the possibly scales from 15mm to 280mm).
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fa ... al-or-foam

Hope you like it.

Thorsten
FalkenweltModellbau  Germany

Previous page

Return to Members