Forum & Help

slideshows

Posted by Tantallon2 on 13 May 2011, 15:02

Playing around with Microsoft's Windows Live Photo Gallery, I was taken with the slide show feature which has a nifty pan and zoom feature. I was wondering if something like this could be used on the forum so that brief slide shows could be either hosted on the site or links made to them?
Tantallon2  Scotland

Posted by Benno on 16 May 2011, 16:18

I don't think that would be possible, sorry. :(
Benno  Netherlands

Forum Admin Forum Admin

Posted by Tantallon2 on 16 May 2011, 16:30

Hi Benno. Good to see the server swap didn't crash the site!

I'll have a look at what you can do with Microsoft Live photo gallery. At the simplest it might be possible just to provide a link that when clicked took you to an externally hosted slide show but best of all would be the ability to open a window within the forum like a You tube link. However, you are the expert so if you don't think it can be done it probably cannot!

I'll let you know how I get on.

All the best
Dougie
Tantallon2  Scotland

Posted by Benno on 16 May 2011, 16:32

I'm not really familiar with Microsoft Live photo gallery, but you could always try to see if it works. :-)

Cheers,
Benno
Benno  Netherlands

Forum Admin Forum Admin

Posted by Tantallon2 on 16 May 2011, 16:48

Having looked again at it you can export slide shows to You tube so it should be possible to import the You tube files onto the Forum. As say should because I currently cannot make the export to You tube function work! I have a new computer and there seems to be all sorts of conflicts between the computer, Windows 7 and various browsers. However, the slide show function could be quite cool - there is also a movie function. I could imagine Paul putting this all to good use!.

Tantallon2  Scotland

Posted by Paul on 16 May 2011, 17:39

Tantallon2 wrote:Having looked again at it you can export slide shows to You tube so it should be possible to import the You tube files onto the Forum. As say should because I currently cannot make the export to You tube function work! I have a new computer and there seems to be all sorts of conflicts between the computer, Windows 7 and various browsers. However, the slide show function could be quite cool - there is also a movie function. I could imagine Paul putting this all to good use!.

Strange you should mention that....it´s something I´m "playing" with at the moment.
Slideshows can be added to blogs but they do put a lot of stress on low powered PC`s (like mine) causing crashes etc. I haven´t seen use of it on any other forums yet...maybe it is too "space" intensive????
Paul  China

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Phersu on 16 May 2011, 19:18

Perhaps we can upload smaller files (quicker to upload) by making some kind of animated gif image instead than slideshow video... :think:
Is not difficult and many graphic programs can do it. ;-)
Phersu  Italy

In memoriam

Return to Forum & Help