Officers Mess

Shogun 2 Total War out on March 15 2011

Posted by Victorious Secret on 01 Feb 2011, 22:05

Hello Folks,

Anyone here plays the Total War Series? I'm a big fan and I can not wait for the latest installment, Shogun 2 Total War.

Well, I guess my model building days are numbered. Goodbye Sun26! :lol:

VS
Victorious Secret  United States of America

Posted by Paul on 01 Feb 2011, 22:28

This i will add to my collection for sure. I read about it last week. Less troop types but the graphics are much more colourfull and you have to be quick to win as the CPU opponent is very fast.
Paul  China

Posted by Victorious Secret on 02 Feb 2011, 02:20

HI Paul,

Does it bother you that horses' rein is incorrect and the scabbards are missing? :roll:

I know I know... I like my details. :oops:

VS

Posted by Bourbaki on 02 Feb 2011, 11:27

This is a must have, I only have the rome and medieval series, maybe I get the ETW, but I wont buy NTW, no sense, and not accuarate in some points ( Spanish flag :angry3: ) and I have Napoleon mod for rome total war, (best mod ever). :evil:
Bourbaki  Spain

Posted by Benno on 02 Feb 2011, 14:06

I'm really looking forward to this game! Though I think my computer won't be able to run it... :mrgreen:

NTW is great too. It might not be accurate but I don't care. It's always fun to kill Napoleon using artillery at the beginning of a battle. :mrgreen: It is however harder than ETW. Especially making money. It takes a few years to really start making money with NTW. With ETW you just buy all the regions in the caribbean. In five years you'll be making 50k a turn! :-D
Benno  Netherlands

Forum Admin Forum Admin

Posted by Bourbaki on 02 Feb 2011, 14:36

I understand it, but I would like to play a full peninsular campaign, the whole map, the south of europe f.e., and can play with spain or portugal too, in campaign mode I mean.
Bourbaki  Spain

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by ColeF on 02 Feb 2011, 16:13

I'm thinking about getting NTW. But my dad will probably want this one....
ColeF  United States of America

Posted by Paul on 02 Feb 2011, 17:35

Benno wrote: Especially making money. It takes a few years to really start making money

?? Open the game plan and type money_20000 and press return, :mrgreen:
Paul  China

Posted by Benno on 02 Feb 2011, 19:21

I don't do cheats. :tongue:
Benno  Netherlands

Forum Admin Forum Admin

Posted by Victorious Secret on 02 Feb 2011, 21:00

I'm glad to see alot of you gents share the same feeling about this game.

It doesn't bother anyone about the horse rein??? :shock:

@Bourbaki, You CAN paly the Pennisular campaign with full map. However, it is extra which you have to purchase from STEAM as DLC (downloadable content). It's like 5 USD for a big package including units now.

The inaccurate maps can always be downloaded for free.

@Paul, I know you are kidding :lol: I'm with Benno here. I know this because cheated on RTW when it first came out. I gain alot of money but then I lose alot of fun also.

@Benno, I just sack big city like France and move on. This way you get a large amount of money and no maintainance fee! I always let Austria to clean up for me. The AI made them suckers. They are like faithful old dog once you allied with them.

the requirement is big. Right now I'm running Phenom 4X but we will see. If this game is addictive to the point that I ditch my model projects, I will have to use my model allowance to get an I5 :mrgreen:

@ColeF, I think NTW is more fun than ETW. Simply for the shear of graphic improvement.

VS

Posted by Bourbaki on 02 Feb 2011, 21:21

I know you can play, but not in the way I would like, I know some guys are working on a mod for this, also, I don't want to pay 60.00 + 5.00 + 5.00 + 5.00 etc etc... no sense In spain cost 50 or 60 I can't remember now, I prefer to wait they put in the same dvd at same cost, or I will try to find in my "personal steam store " :king:
Bourbaki  Spain

Posted by Paul on 02 Feb 2011, 21:59

Bourbaki wrote:I know you can play, but not in the way I would like, I know some guys are working on a mod for this, also, I don't want to pay 60.00 + 5.00 + 5.00 + 5.00 etc etc... no sense In spain cost 50 or 60 I can't remember now, I prefer to wait they put in the same dvd at same cost, or I will try to find in my "personal steam store " :king:

Wait a couple of weeks after it´s been released and download it...for nothing
Paul  China

Posted by Bourbaki on 02 Feb 2011, 22:22

Paul wrote:Wait a couple of weeks after it´s been released and download it...for nothing

That's what I'm doing right now, but I like to have the games I like to have their boxes and all that, but I'm against DLC's...
Bourbaki  Spain

Posted by Victorious Secret on 02 Feb 2011, 22:25

Don't get me wrong guys, but I dont like DLC either. I think its very greedy practice. I still think the best way to do this is to offer expansion back in box-in-hand form.

However, I can not wait what they will come out with Shogun 2's DLC unit! :-D

VS

Posted by Benno on 03 Feb 2011, 09:06

Victorious Secret wrote:@Benno, I just sack big city like France and move on. This way you get a large amount of money and no maintainance fee! I always let Austria to clean up for me. The AI made them suckers. They are like faithful old dog once you allied with them.
When you're playing the Russians, that's a bit hard. :lol: First I always build up a strong economy. After two years I set the tax rates to the lowest rate, letting the regions become richer and thus paying more tax while the population stays calm because the tax rate is low. This will give you a lot of profit over the long run. When I go to war, my nation becomes richer every turn while my enemies get weaker and poorer. :-)

Sometimes I do a small plunder campaign (with all fractions) in France, plundering all the small regions in southern and northern France without actually attacking the largest region itself, destroying all the buildings they've built (it takes them a year or so to rebuild everything). Sometimes I take the Batavian Republic and build up a strong base building new armies for further attacks against France.
Benno  Netherlands

Forum Admin Forum Admin

Posted by Bourbaki on 06 Feb 2011, 11:54

Finally I got it, 2 questions, do you use a mod? Wich one, I'm hesitating between, NER and Order of war.
The other question is, it's possible to give more money in your custom battles?? I know how to change it in the battle menu, but it's not enough if you take a historical character to make a full army.
:horse:

PS: Naval battles are dificult to manage for me, I always prefered Generals rather than almirants :lol:
Bourbaki  Spain

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Bourbaki on 21 Feb 2011, 22:25

Enjoy!

Tomorrow We could play the Demo!!!!
Bourbaki  Spain

Posted by Shaun on 07 Mar 2011, 04:03

I already made a preorder for this in Britain for 30 odd so AUD, in aus a game like this retails for 109 AUD so i hope i got a good deal. Cant wait for it to be released :-D
Shaun  Australia

Posted by T. Dürrschmidt on 13 Mar 2011, 13:07

Amazon sent me a mail that Shogun 2 was dispatched to me yesterday. I will get it by tomorrow. A month ago I also have purchased a new PC.....(for 900 Euro). And I am pretty sure it will reach it´s power capacity after installing the new game. It´s all the same since the first part of the Total War series. But now I am able to play Medieval 2, Empires and Napoleon Total War in highest quality. years after purchasing these games. Great. A big Thank You for the game designers.

:angry3:
T. Dürrschmidt  Germany
Silver Brush winner

Posted by Don_Suhr on 13 Mar 2011, 14:07

Got my version yesterday....but i cant play it before thursday :( steam isnt rdy for the game yet..... but the demo is just brilliant! Rly good game!
Don_Suhr  

Return to Officers Mess