Gallery

Anotine Lasalle (Post Competition Revision)

Posted by Victorious Secret on 21 Dec 2010, 20:16

Hello Folks,

First of all, I want to thank everyone who voted on this competiton whether for me or for my worthy opponent. I also want to thank my competitions for their mastery in the art of 1/72 figure painting as I have again learn something new. I am very fortunate and deeply flattered by the title and most important a chance to compete with my favorite painters/sculptors in this forum.

This is an convertion from the Italeri Hussar set. The rider is from Waterloo British officer. I sculpted the "MC Hammer" pants and saddle and I have much respect for the scuptors on this forum as I realise how difficult it is to sculpt in such small scale.

I painted this figure roughly two monthes ago now and as I progress through my other project I realise I could do some improvement to my entry. So I challenge myself try to copy my reference. Here are some new things I did:

- Add the lips, highlight mustache and readjust the skin tone to the face (Thanks K.B. :thumbup: )

- Repainted the horse's teeth.

- Repainted the horse's eyes to the painting reference.

- Sleeve pattern correction.

- Add decorative sash to the horse's furniture.

- Toning down some highlights.

I hope you can appreciate the revision. As always I value every constructive comment.

Thank you,

VS

Base (trying to copy the painting)

How I use to peg the horse
Victorious Secret  United States of America

Posted by Peter on 21 Dec 2010, 21:07

:love: Wonderfull work, and as I said before, I've seen the painting, and it's a very good copy of it :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by steve_pickstock on 22 Dec 2010, 00:05

Fecking awesome!

Love it, I'm a fan of your work but this is so sweet!
steve_pickstock  England

Posted by Alois Nebel on 22 Dec 2010, 05:49

Absolutely fantastic work!!!!

V.
Alois Nebel  Czech Republic

Posted by The Grumbler on 23 Dec 2010, 10:23

I've already commented about how much I love this piece.

The revision is outstanding but especially the extra photos of the "rear" view of the figure which we didn't get to see in the original comp entry photos. Thanks for posting this again

The Grumbler
The Grumbler  Australia

Posted by entrauner on 23 Dec 2010, 10:49

extra master class figurining!
entrauner  Austria

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by steve_pickstock on 23 Dec 2010, 11:42

I have been looking at this for two days now, any chance of a breakdown of how you did it?
steve_pickstock  England

Posted by dutchboyinohio on 23 Dec 2010, 23:24

Beautiful figure, and a worthy winner (although there were a couple of other ones that were really, really good too!). The only suggestion I would have is to maybe not make the eyes so pronounced, although maybe that's just a matter of personal taste. Other than that, it's a very well painted figure. Thanks for showing the painting as well!
dutchboyinohio  United States of America

Posted by Victorious Secret on 24 Dec 2010, 07:49

Thank you all very much for the kind comments,

@ Dutchboyinohio, At the time of painting this figure, I was still in search of how to paint eyes on 1/72. Some of the gents perfer painting shadows instead but since my figure was sculpted with eyeballs, it was hard for me to ignore such detail. On my later project I have change such style to a more subtle way as well as switch the flesh tone. I agree with you on painting eyes as matter of personal choice since it is barely visiable when under the naked eye. Perhaps what I should have done on this perticular project is to shift the eyes to one side but then in the painting it was not the case.

@ Steve, thank you again for your support my friend. I did not photo document every step on this pericular piece as I was pressing for time. :oops: Is there a perticular part you are interesting in? I am happy to share my experience!

@ Erik, I admire your work and website tremendously. I hope in the near future I can get a chance to paint some of your sculpt! :thumbup:

@ Grumbler, I enjoyed your GI very much too! I think we share very similar style in figure painting as well as base making (I have study very hard at your work during the last contest :P ). I can comfortably say you must know the satifaction of making every little detail count!

@ Alois, thank you. I am still new at 1/72 figure painting and the past four monthes I went through dramatic change in my style. I will continue to do my best.

@ Peter, maybe next time I will challenge female nudes :lol: Which I think it will be very difficult to paint.
Victorious Secret  United States of America

Posted by Peter on 24 Dec 2010, 09:36

Victorious Secret wrote:Thank you all very much for the kind comments,

@ Peter, maybe next time I will challenge female nudes :lol: Which I think it will be very difficult to paint.

And for sure when you take the Rubens models :mrgreen: A lot of shading on them :tongue:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by madmax5510 on 24 Dec 2010, 14:41

Masterclass work! :love: :love: :thumbup:
madmax5510  Romania

Posted by despertaferro on 24 Dec 2010, 21:30

What else I can say...!!!! One of the most impressive figures seen here (or elsewhere!) :shock: :shock: :shock:

Congratulations!
despertaferro  

Return to Gallery