Officers Mess

Model Hobbies

Posted by Bourbaki on 17 Nov 2010, 14:33

Hi all,

A long time without posting

first of all, I searched for a topic about this, but all are closed.

I know what i'm going to say it's unuseful, but I need to say it, I made a purchase at the begining of this month, they needed 5 days to process it, ok, in my first purchase everything went good. I recived my package in 4 days.

I though (poor of me) I would recive my last purchase in the same time, I waited till monday(the order was sent a week before), I sent a polite mail to the shop, asking for a tracking number to claim for it, telling that I looked for it on my own and I didn't found anything to claim for my own.

The answer was this
Mail is much busier at this time of year with Christmas coming so it is far too early to worry about a lost package. It’s only 7 days since we sent it!
I never talked about lost package.

My answer to this shit of answer was this
Even if it's busier than usually... you could give me a reference to claim on my own for it. If doesn't mind you.

And finally I got this
It was sent by regular airmail so there is no tracking number.

I didn't waste my time to answer this. First of all it's the wrong way to treat your customer and second it's fake that they haven't a tracking number, because every box you send need one, we are not talking about envelopes.

What I want to say opening this thread, it's : I'll never buy again to this guys, and to let the people know how they work.

Ah! Tomorrow I'll have my purchase thanks to the postman who adviced me, and he confirmed me it has a tracking number ;).

Regards.

Bourb.
Bourbaki  Spain

Posted by Francesco Giova on 17 Nov 2010, 15:15

Maybe I was lucky, but I ordered many times from ModelHobbies and never run into a single problem. Within a week I always received everything, carefully packaged :thumbup:
Francesco Giova  Italy

Posted by Benno on 17 Nov 2010, 17:19

Not every package that's send has a trace number. At least not in Holland.

I wouldn't worry after only a week. Sometimes it takes weeks before mail arrives from England, sometimes it's delivered within a week. I usually write to a seller in England when my package hasn't arrived after two weeks.
Benno  Netherlands

Forum Admin Forum Admin

Posted by Ash on 17 Nov 2010, 17:34

Ha! Again?

The situation (in my opinion) is simple. They are good in prices but if you get some problems with the parcel - they will never help you.
So it's your choice - to have a risk or not by dealing with them. For myself - I've made it :-D
Ash  Russia

Posted by Ash on 17 Nov 2010, 17:36

Benno wrote:Not every package that's send has a trace number. At least not in Holland.

As far as I remember (but not exactly) they use only registered mail for international postage :)
Ash  Russia

Posted by Dad's Army on 17 Nov 2010, 17:56

Ash wrote:As far as I remember (but not exactly) they use only registered mail for international postage :)

Nope, I did sent postage from Netherlands to Russia (Alex) and it didn't come there either, the second time I did sent it with track and trace.
This was more expensive, so that will be why most of the internetcompanies don't sent it by that way.
Dad's Army  Netherlands

Moderator Moderator

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Ash on 17 Nov 2010, 18:05

Dad's Army wrote:Nope, I did sent postage from Netherlands to Russia (Alex) and it didn't come there either, the second time I did sent it with track and trace.
This was more expensive, so that will be why most of the internetcompanies don't sent it by that way.

Yes, expensive, but let to get more insurance to seller ;-)
...In my case the postage was: Postage and Packing (Shipping to Russian Federation: 1.1 lb(s)): £14.15

Is it registered mail or not?
...From another side:
their site says:
All orders under 2kg will be despatched via Royal Mail standard airmail.

In any case, their way of business is awful :angry3:
Ash  Russia

Posted by Benno on 17 Nov 2010, 20:29

I don't think standard airmail includes track and trace.

I don't know their service so I can't say anything about that.
Benno  Netherlands

Forum Admin Forum Admin

Posted by west1871 on 17 Nov 2010, 21:05

The standard airmail is not tracked,you have to pay more for a traced shipment.And don't forget we had all that trouble with bombs in air freight so things might be a bit slower at the moment.I would suggest that if you order in future ask for a recorded delivery it will cost more but that's what you have to pay for it to be guaranteed or a least covered.They are not the quickest cats on the block but I normally get the models in the end.

hope this helps Rich.

PS I am in charge of the despatch dept at work,national and international shipments.so lat east my boss hopes I have got some idea about it :lol: :lol: :lol:
west1871  United Kingdom

Posted by Bourbaki on 17 Nov 2010, 21:55

Hi there, sorry for my english, maybe I didn't explain my opinion clear.

First, tomorrow I get my purchase. I talk about how they answer to their costumers... itsn't normal... West, thanks for the info, but when you leave a package in the post office you have to sign something, like giving the adress of destination and that stuff, also if model hobbies need to claim for it they have a paper or something to support their claim, am i wrong?

Also I talked with a girl at the post office and she told me that every airmail package has a tracking number, at least, that's what she said, also the postman who brings me the letters, said me that too.

I know it can take a long time to come and 7 days are not a lot (but I like to have all the info I can about what I pay), but for example, the 2 times I bought to Valdemar it takes 3 days(from Denmark) to arrive to my home, and i life in Mallorca so it could take more time to arrive than to the peninsula, if we talk about US it's ok, i bought some stuff there and it takes like a month to come, in my work I usually send and recieve packages from other countries, like germany or US and I know how long it takes.
Bourbaki  Spain

Posted by Peter on 17 Nov 2010, 22:25

Here in Belgium theres a barcode on it, even on an envelope.
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Dad's Army on 17 Nov 2010, 22:32

Peter wrote:Here in Belgium theres a barcode on it, even on an envelope.

But the post never comes to the belgium houses, because the postman cant read barcodes :mrgreen:
Dad's Army  Netherlands

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Peter on 17 Nov 2010, 22:37

You are really an old man Remco :shock: Never heard of a portable barcode reader :tongue:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Benno on 17 Nov 2010, 22:39

If you just write the adress directly you won't need a barcode reader. :mrgreen:
Benno  Netherlands

Forum Admin Forum Admin

Posted by Peter on 17 Nov 2010, 22:57

But it is Benno, only your dad wanted to be smart and he didn't ask, did he? :tongue:

Barcod = tracking and you get a ticket with the same barcode ;-)

:lol: :joker:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Dad's Army on 17 Nov 2010, 23:42

No Peter, the barcode is put on the mail to sort it faster.
The sorting machine reads the adress, and put the zipcode in to a barcode.
There is no way someone at the postoffice can do track and trace with this barcode.

Smart hey ;-)
Dad's Army  Netherlands

Moderator Moderator

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Peter on 18 Nov 2010, 17:54

Dad's Army wrote:No Peter, the barcode is put on the mail to sort it faster.
The sorting machine reads the adress, and put the zipcode in to a barcode.
There is no way someone at the postoffice can do track and trace with this barcode.

Smart hey ;-)

I hate to say this :( , but yes you're smart ;-)
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Bourbaki on 19 Nov 2010, 10:29

To finish the topic, yesterday I get my package :D
The box doesn't have a barcode, but the postman has a internal code for recognize the package :D.

Regards.
Bourbaki  Spain

Posted by west1871 on 19 Nov 2010, 22:54

Bourbaki wrote:To finish the topic, yesterday I get my package :D
The box doesn't have a barcode, but the postman has a internal code for recognize the package :D.

Regards.

I did write a reply to your post about how the royal mail system works over here but for some reason it didn't post,I more than likely pressed the wrong button :lol: .the up shot is you have to pay more to the post office to track an item,and some shops to keep costs down don't do it unless you ask or pay more for shipping.
Hope this helps mate and I am glad you got your package .......in the end ;-)

PS I would have been upset with the replies you got from the shop aswell.
west1871  United Kingdom

Return to Officers Mess