Gallery

Finished HaT Camel Corps

Posted by Adam on 11 Aug 2008, 23:14

Finished these off tonight- the trees.... man don't get me started! I cut each leaf out individually with fecking scissors! I had this crazy idea whilst researching trees from the Sudan I came across these jokers. they are endangered and common in the Sudan and i thought they looked quite cool (plus I have a potted dragon plant at home) so I figure I'll make one! Every way I tried to make the leaves looked crap except cutting them out by hand, so I did. by this point I had already made the base, figures and tree stump so I had to add them onto that then I had to try painting the leaves wihtout ruining the model- bendy, flimsy, flicky paper leaves. Ironically you can't see the leaves or the shading on them properly on these pics... so it didn't really matter. Enough bitchin- here it is:

You can see I as playing around a bit with some of the ideas in Oniria's tutorial- merging the two styles a little. Not quite there yet, but getting there.

For EFB: I trimmed the guy holding his rifle horizontal loads after we talked about them being a bit bulky- its hard to tell but I spent an hour with a sharp scalpel and a hot pin and took material off his sleeves, armpits, shoulders, back and legs. He looks better, and very much so compared next to a non doctored one, but not worth the effort!
Adam  United Kingdom

Posted by efb on 11 Aug 2008, 23:28

The work paid off...you can definitely tell a difference. He looks great...a little bit more like the part.

Excellent work on the whole thing.
efb  

Posted by Peter on 12 Aug 2008, 19:57

I agree with efb, Adam, excellent work over the whole line :thumbup:

Greetings Peter
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Susofrick on 13 Aug 2008, 06:42

Great as always! Really goood diorama and figures! Me like!
Susofrick  Sweden
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Benno on 14 Aug 2008, 13:24

Not much more to add really, they look fantastic!
Benno  Netherlands

Forum Admin Forum Admin

Posted by Martin on 14 Aug 2008, 20:20

Hi Adam,

As the others already said: superb diorama!
Martin  Netherlands

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by rpardo on 15 Aug 2008, 20:27

Good job.... I like the feel of the terrain and the tre! :thumbup:
rpardo  Spain

Return to Gallery