Wargaming Rules

Modern lighting war

Posted by Grimlokk on 17 Feb 2010, 17:05

Hello

http://www.freewargamesrules.co.uk/Rules/Modern/Lightning_War.pdf

Here is a modern ruleset that I think look very interesting. It's written for 1/72 miniatures. The game have some innovative ideas (in my eyes at least) when it comes to movement and how far things shoot.
One thing that makes it stand out is: you never measure anything, at least not with inches or centimeters. Both moving and shooting is done from so called terrain feature to terrain feature no matter how far or close the two might be from each other. This game is not flawless however
, thing need to be improved, clarified and added, but all and all I think it has a very good basic idea of a cool tabletop game!

I have only read the rules, never actually played a game. But it was this rulset that made me want to bulid a ( or 2!) modern 1/72 army!

My modern brits thread.
http://www.bennosfigures.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3902

Well well, thought I would tip all of you who hasent found a modern 1/72 ruleset that fully tickle your fancy.
Grimlokk  Sweden

Posted by Fenton on 17 Feb 2010, 21:43

It look a bit like a modern version of crossfire to me, though I have only really glanced at it
Fenton  

Posted by Grimlokk on 18 Feb 2010, 16:02

I'm not familiar with crossfire, have you played it a lot? is it any good?
Grimlokk  Sweden

Posted by luchs on 18 Feb 2010, 18:28

Grimlokk wrote:I'm not familiar with crossfire, have you played it a lot? is it any good?

cross fire is nice for me and play it a lot..
i a bit to simplificate fro many thinghs but you can paly a game in a couple of hours..
luchs  

Posted by musketier on 18 Feb 2010, 20:24

As long as the game mechanics are easy to follow and do not require a lot of charts and rules reading WHILE playing than this looks like a good game. I just remember an old system that was out in the 70's called Tractix that was sooooo into the minutia of what angle the shot was etc and combat resolve took 25 minutes to finish :roll: Its why I don't skirmish game any more, but I briefly read this set and looks ok and it is a skirmish level game i believe. I say give it a try what could you loose?
musketier  United States of America

Return to Wargaming Rules