The Duelling Field

The Rules and Regulations (Or Lack of them)

Posted by Adam on 25 May 2009, 18:23

So what is this all about? Well we are starting a one on one small scale painting competition with a difference. The difference is you set your own rules. Given you make your own rules I can't really tell you what they are, but I can tell you how this will work.

Well firstly its supposed to be fun (that ugly word again!)and not too serious.

1)Find yourself a duelling partner (via e-mail, a PM or chat in the chatroom). I suggest you chat in a friendly way and find someone who is willing to join in, this has to be a fun and mutual agreement. This is not just an "anyone can join" competition, you must have a chosen and agreed partner to "duel".

2)Decide your Rules or terms. This should probably include a deadline, some rules relating to the work itself, and some ideas as to what you want the work judged on.

For example:
A)You may decide on 2 weeks to paint it

B) You made decide to be very specific in you subject; an outright painting duel, who paints the best? You may pick the same figure from the same box, restrict the base to a minimum, even restrict the paints and terrain products you would use. For this duel you would probably ask that people judge who has painted the figure the best.

OR....

You may simply define a title "ambush", "crash", "the fine line", or even "duel" and allow each other freedom to interpret, you may then wish for peopel to judge on the most original interpretation, or who best defined the title, or some other criteria.

It could even be as simple as trying to do see who could do the best modification to a figure, or a 'sculpt and paint' challenge.

All we ask is that it is primarily related to figures/AFV's and their modelling and painting.

3) When you have decided you terms, can you please e-mail them to Remco (bfduel@gmail.com) before you begin. He'll check them over, just in case there is a problem, and to make sure you both have your terms agreed! :-D Please sent the pictures to the same mailadres (bfduel@gmail.com) to him.

4) The duel can then commence! May the best man win!

5) On the finish date He will expect an email from both contenders contaning their entries. He will then add a thread containing both pictures anonymously in the duelling field forum, and forum members will be able to vote, based on your criteria, for their winner. After the contest the winner and entrants will be declared, though there will be no prizes and no titles for this competition.

Now here there is a Rule. We will only be accepting a maximum of 3 pictures per contended (you can specify less if you like) and each picture will have a maximum size 700x700 pixels. We are allowing you 1 extra picture than the standard competitions as there will be less competitors and easier to judge. We won't enter into disccusions on this.

Any further questions or ideas you want to check out, please PM me and we can discuss it.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK BENNO DUEL RELATED QUESTIONS, HE HAS ENOUGH WORK TO DO WITH THE FORUM AND STANDARD PAINTING COMPETITION!
Adam  United Kingdom

Posted by Dad's Army on 10 Feb 2010, 22:28

Adam wrote:3) When you have decided you terms, can you please PM them to Remco (Dad's Army) before you begin. He'll check them over, just in case there is a problem, and to make sure you both have your terms agreed! :-D He shall then give you an email address to mail the finished pictures to or simple pm them to him.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK BENNO DUEL RELATED QUESTIONS, HE HAS ENOUGH WORK TO DO WITH THE FORUM AND STANDARD PAINTING COMPETITION!

I have got a simple emailadres for the duels: bfduel@gmail.com :thumbup:

;-) Please sent pictures, no urls, I will upload them!

... and dont forget the name you want to give it!
Dad's Army  Netherlands

Moderator Moderator

Return to The Duelling Field