General

Hobby room

Posted by smokinprice on 17 Nov 2007, 04:27

I figured I would show you all my hobby room. Right now, it is very messy. I have to share my space with my wife who beads. I also share it with my Fly Tying area. As you can see, I buy far more than I ever build or paint. What you dont see are the two drawers full of 1/35 and 54mm figures. Does everyone do this? If not.....I think I have a problem! :-D

smokinprice  United States of America

Posted by rpardo on 17 Nov 2007, 13:32

Hi
Your gaming room seems a miniatures store.... :shock:
Seriously . . I also have your same "problem": too many un-open boxes and, in my case, too many running projects too!

Rafa
http://rafa-pardo-almudi.blogspot.com/
http://www.geocities.com/rafa_pardo_almudi
rpardo  Spain

Posted by Adam on 17 Nov 2007, 18:53

gaaaahhhhhhh.... drooooool! :drool:
Adam  United Kingdom

Posted by Benno on 17 Nov 2007, 20:09

And my parents complain that I have to much figures! :laughing:
Nice hobby room! :thumbup:

PS Rafa, isn't it easier to put the links to your website in your signature? ;-)
Benno  Netherlands

Forum Admin Forum Admin

Posted by efb on 17 Nov 2007, 22:24

Good Gooblely Gooo!

You reckon you got a few boxes of figures?

I buy more than I'll ever paint too but, not quite that many more :).
efb  

Posted by smokinprice on 18 Nov 2007, 01:56

Alright lets see everyone else's area!! I want to make sure I am not the only one with an addiction problem! Hee hee :-D

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by rpardo on 18 Nov 2007, 09:45

Thanks Benno! :thumbup:
rpardo  Spain

Posted by Adam on 18 Nov 2007, 13:22

Hi I'm Adam.... and I... collect little people.

Ok here goes: Its only a small room 8x6ft, but I spent ages planning it when we did the house up. I gutted it and redid the walls and bought all new furniture and fitted the carpet. for a budget of £400. I now have a room that manages to cater for all my main hobbies indoors- painting figures, playing and recording guitar/songs, PC games, the internet and collecting star wars lego!

I'm stood in the door panning left to right.

These are unopened and boxed

these are open and trimmed and washed and put into little bags of battalions/batetries/regiments of cav, or ancilliary units. Keeps the space free. All the white drawers bar two are full of unpainted men stuffed in.

More often than not though I end up sat here- in the lounge, watching DVD's with the mrs and painting too!

You may notice an absence of books- however here is part of the dining room containing 2/3rds of our books- mostly archaeology/history.

This completes the tour of adam painting area.
Adam  United Kingdom

Posted by efb on 18 Nov 2007, 15:29

That's a very nice set-up you've got there.

When are we gonna get some links to your handy work with that guitar?
efb  

Posted by rpardo on 18 Nov 2007, 16:59

Hi

I am sending some pictures of my pigsty wargaming room. I have occupied..... erggg....... temporarily ..... erggg....... "some" zones of my basement room :mrgreen:

Don't be frightened!

Image[/img]

rpardo  Spain

Posted by Benno on 19 Nov 2007, 01:20

It's nice to see you all posting pictures of your hobby room. They are very inspiring. My dad and I are planning to build one in the attic... when it's finished I'll post a few pictures. ;-)
Benno  Netherlands

Forum Admin Forum Admin

Posted by efb on 19 Nov 2007, 21:46

Here's the desk where I do my (indoor) painting. It's also where I work. You can see a few Crimean War Russians there but, my paints are still outside. I keep everything in tackle boxes and drag it out when I want to paint.

I have a walled in book-case in here.

All the good books (meaning hard back, first edition, etc...some of them are rubbish content-wise...Timothy Mitchell "Colonizing Egypt" anyone?... but they look good) are out in the living room but, I keep most of my references back here. The one exception is the I and II vols of Notel Napoleonic watercolors...those are out on the good bookshelf. I've only got a modest collection of osprey, etc.

Here's some figures that are sitting out on the shelf. I haven't really decided yet what I'm going to do about displaying them.
efb  

Posted by smokinprice on 22 Nov 2007, 03:40

Everyone's stuff looks great. I am glad to see that I am not the only one who has a ton of stuff but yet disappointed because I seem to have a lot more than others. I have been rationalizing this by saying that I also build 1/35 scale models and figures as well as 54mm and 1/72 scale figures. I think thats a lot more than most. I cant say in just one area.

Posted by Adam on 22 Nov 2007, 13:29

thats true mate "cough" denial "cough" :lol:

To be honest I have only been collecting and painting again for 18 months or so. I was buying at such a rate I decided to cool it, and just buy what I wouldn't be able to get so easily in future and try and have a 1 in 1 out mechanism in place. Its not been too bad since then.

I also have to use that room for other stuff as I said so I would definately have a room like yours given the chance, or rafa sweet little set up with the board in the middle.

I haven't however admitted to where I game and keep my terrain etc, which is all in the garage.
Adam  United Kingdom

Posted by Siegfried on 24 Nov 2007, 23:02

Hi all, nice rooms:) My hobby room is just my bedroom, my desk is just full of soldiers. (btw, sorry for the large pics, I will use smaller ones in the future)

My desk. A bit messy, at the moment bussy with ww2 Germans

my 'war cabinet' containing unpained figs organized by period.

and finaly some WIP 1805 french.

Cheers,

Christiaan
Siegfried  

Posted by Susofrick on 10 Sep 2008, 10:35

An old thread/topic (or whatever), but interesting and fun so I start with da HOBBY ROOM. I don't paint there since the floor is FULL of other stuff (old amplifiers, books, maps, PAPERS, etc, etc). To the ceiling we've got 3,80 meters so there's some space.

I paint at the kitchen table (when I have the time):

And for Adam and the other guitarplayers here, this is how I used to have my arsenal before:

But since I don't play that much anymore it's like this now:

And here's an old poster with da BAND (never used since we added another guitarplayer after we made 'em). Found it in the basement, had forgot all about it (it's yours truly in da hat):

And here's the vinyl collection (and some wine too):

Okay, who's next??? :mrgreen:
Susofrick  Sweden
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Konrad on 10 Sep 2008, 17:49

Ok,this is my hobbyroom.My children call it Daddy's Underworld.
My wife call it the tomb.

Some of my work

No comment
Image :oops:
Konrad  Germany
Bronze Brush winner

Posted by Adam on 10 Sep 2008, 21:18

I love this thread- Its great to get a sense of you guys and the I have been talking and sharing with on this great forum of ours and the workspaces you use. I love how we fellows create our own little space and havens, and the things we have in it, so many of us (including me) seem to like the stack of boxes creating our own toyshop stand effect! :-D It must hark back to the joy of standing in a toyshop staring at the endless boxes of kits and the pleasure of wondering what to buy and what you would like to save up for next!

And Suso- you kick my ass on guitar owner ship I have 1 Gibson Les Paul Studio, 1 mexican Fender Telecaster, I cheap Strat copy, 1 Takamine acoustic, and a Yamaha bass and a banjo- you got enough there for 3-4 bands! Dude, I'm jealous!

Great little display case too Konrad (I got one recently too!), You can definately see your love of Japan!

Thanks all!
Adam  United Kingdom

Posted by Susofrick on 11 Sep 2008, 12:47

Hi Adam. Da guitars looks better at a distance. That Les Paul is a Duke. Cheap copy with a twisted neck since 79 or something, totally unplayable. :boink: And the Telecaster is homemade by a friend :withstupid: of my big brother who wasn't the guitarbuilder he thought he was :spank: , also totally unplayable :mad: . But they were my first guitars and they look good, but now they are stored in that hobbyroom. The real treasures are pretty cheap: one Fender Western :cowboy: , one Applause Acoustic and one Hagstrom Viking :viking: (not that cheap (back in -84 when I bought mine) and Elvis used to have a red one, I have a brown). :guitar:
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by Adam on 11 Sep 2008, 13:12

Cool- my dad's mate used to have a hagstrom 8 string bass, awe some guitar
Adam  United Kingdom

Next page

Return to General