Work in Progress

Afrika Diorama

Posted by JurgenH on 25 Aug 2022, 19:51

Africa project in progress
Here are the first pictures of my new project.
Somewhere in North Africa.
A german motorcade makes a stop in a small town in Libya. The dio and the idea are already 10-12 years old.

greeting
Jürgen
JurgenH  Germany

Posted by Rich W on 27 Aug 2022, 10:19

I look forward to seeing the progress with this!
Rich W  United Kingdom

Posted by JurgenH on 27 Aug 2022, 17:28

Hello
It goes on.
I had built palm trees at that time, but I didn't like them later. I could never bring myself to build new palm trees. Now with the hot temperatures that inspired me, I tried again. I am satisfied with the result. The reason why I have written so little is obvious. It is a lot of work.
In addition to the pictures of the palms, there are 14 withered palm fronds that I made afterwards. Some of them are added to the palms , some have fallen off. One palm has 15-18 palm fronds. The fruit stalks of the dates are made of sesame and rice seeds.

[url=https://abload.de/image.php?img=20220822_21515403d3h.jpg][img]
Greetings
Jürgen
JurgenH  Germany

Posted by JurgenH on 27 Aug 2022, 20:03

Here's a little gleaning:
I made the infructescences of the dates and glued them on. It is Sasam and linseed .Some of the dried palm fronds come over them.

If you have a question, I'll be happy to answer it
Jürgen
Jürgen
JurgenH  Germany

Posted by Santi Pérez on 29 Aug 2022, 22:50

Great project, Jürgen. I'm really enjoying its development. Go on with it! :thumbup:

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by huib on 31 Aug 2022, 15:49

Nice big scene. You are not afraid to make the trees life size!
huib  Netherlands

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by JurgenH on 31 Aug 2022, 19:53

Good evening all
I made plants and cacti from the stalks of my little tomato and Magic Sculp. A fan palm has also been added. The other plants are from the shell of a nut fruit that grows here. Similar to the chestnut. I cut the shoots and planted them in Magic Sculp. Still missing is the rod for the fountain rope with bucket and the rope. In addition, some small parts and pottery my self turned ,or made
by my self.

Does anyone have an idea what I made there?

greetings
Jürgen
JurgenH  Germany

Posted by Susofrick on 01 Sep 2022, 09:41

Does anyone have an idea what I made there?

Fine nice work? :-D
Susofrick  Sweden
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by JurgenH on 18 Sep 2022, 20:43

Hello and good evening
Now we continue with the Africa diorama. I have made a small planting that had to be painted elaborately.
In the next few days there will be posts about the individual figures. The figures are now all finished and photographed.
That was also the reason why I didn't report anything about the progress of the diorama.
Greetings
JürgenH

JurgenH  Germany

Posted by Peter on 22 Sep 2022, 21:07

Looks fantastic so far! :-D

Hopefully you will add:

:mrgreen:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by JurgenH on 23 Sep 2022, 20:17

Hi ,all.
Finally the Africa diorama is finished. The figures are all conversational, but some have changed significantly. I've used figures from Airfix, Esci, Imex, and Streelets, which I remodeled to my requirements using magicsculp. They should all tell little stories. The dealer, the sisha smokers with slaves, the camel driver, donkey driver, the women making small talk. The dio is built almost entirely out of sratch parts. Some accessories are only machine-made at the retailer and the smoking set. Like the table, sack, the vegetable baskets and the small table. For the smokers, the bowl with the silver button and the pottery pots made of clay. Amphorae jugs and plates are scratch. I picked out the original character for each character. (Plastic soldier review ) If anyone has questions, I'll be happy to answer them, just as criticism is very helpful for me to learn from. Suggestions for modeling are also welcome.
I have made 6 groups.
1 Animals

The last 3 camels are older, but thre are conversations.

3 The trader

Hi Finally the Africa diorama is finished. The figures are all conversational, but some have changed significantly. I've used figures from Airfix, Esci, Imex, and Streelets, which I remodeled to my requirements using magicsculp. They should all tell little stories. The dealer, the sisha smokers with slaves, the camel driver, donkey driver, the women making small talk. The dio is built almost entirely out of sratch parts. Some accessories are only machine-made at the retailer and the smoking set. Like the table, sack, the vegetable baskets and the small table. For the smokers, the bowl with the silver button and the pottery pots made of clay. Amphorae jugs and plates are scratch. I picked out the original character for each character. (Plastic soldier review ) If anyone has questions, I'll be happy to answer them, just as criticism is very helpful for me to learn from. Suggestions for modeling are also welcome.
I have made 6 groups.
1 Animals

The last 3 camels are older, but thre are conversations.

3 The trader

4 Womans

greetings
Jürgen
JurgenH  Germany

Posted by Santi Pérez on 24 Sep 2022, 13:12

Great conversions, Jürgen, I love them. :drool:

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by JurgenH on 24 Sep 2022, 17:18

5 Sishsa

6 Takers

Teeparty

Now i will change to galeri. I hope you had fun with the pictures .
greetings
Jürgen
JurgenH  Germany

Return to Work in Progress