Posted by Dad's Army on 06 Mar 2021, 13:54

This is duel nr.221 folks!

The rules this time were:

The duel between two members.
- Sweeping woman Reeper 77088 Townsfolk Grandmother
- No base
- 2 pictures

You have a week to choose your winner.
Once again gentlemen take your places and may the best painter win.
Please leave comments after the duel has finished

"Sweep till I sleep"

vs

"Jenny the Irish Pub owner"

Dad's Army  Netherlands

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Dad's Army on 13 Mar 2021, 15:14

And another duel has ended, and it was for me personal a great one!
Okay I did lose (again) this duel and now have to unfriend some members here :mrgreen:
No serious, dueling is for fun.
This time my bonus-son Jurrien did challenge me for a duel.
He isn't active in our hobby, but did buy a amount of figures and does real nice work.
I tough that I could win, especially when he told me he would paint a dress with flowers.
We started together as a real duel, ended at the same time and he did make the pictures of both.
So this is like every duel fair, but a bit more together as usual.
I would like to thank Jurrien for this great duel, and a well deserved win!
The choice of colors, and the way the flowers turned out are awesome, well done.
I would also thank the members who did vote, that makes a duel every time more fun.

Now a picture of a real dueling field:
Dad's Army  Netherlands

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Peter on 13 Mar 2021, 16:36

That's a nice way to have a duel! I like it and it's great to see Jurrien again, who is a member of this forum. And for not being active he did a fantastic job on that figure! But I didn't vote for him. I don't want a ban from Remco! :-D

Fantastic duel, well done to both of you! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Bluefalchion on 13 Mar 2021, 17:09

Oh how fantastic! I am really excited for this one. The clue was the background, both figures photographed in the same house and in the same spot.

That, and the peaceful topic as well as the painting style caused me to guess Remco v. Benno. As usual, I was wrong in my guess but sound in methodology.

Great job by both duelers. I liked both dresses quite a lot.
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by PhilC on 14 Mar 2021, 07:41

Nice to read that it was a real duelling field, that's so rare in pandemic time... Did you throw some paint to each other during the process ? I would certainly have tried something stupid, nevertheless funny, like that :mrgreen:

Bluefalchion wrote: The clue was the background, both figures photographed in the same house and in the same spot.

Incredible, I didn't even notice it! Thank you, detective Bluefalchion! I must say that it took me some time to choose between the two figures (so, non time to look at the background :P), there are very nice things on both of them. The dress with flowers catches the eye, but I was also impressed with the vertical lines of the other figure, which I find, technically speaking, difficult to achieve. If I had to paint a dress, I would more likely use a flower pattern, because I would (whether right or not) find it easier.

In the end, I voted for the second one, mainly because of the painting of the eyes. Congratulations to both of you!

and one last remark: these figures made me think of Christmas figures from South of France, called 'Santons de Provence', which recalled me lots of good memories ;-)
PhilC  Europe

Supporting Member (Silver) Supporting Member (Silver)

Posted by MABO on 14 Mar 2021, 08:58

PhilC wrote:
Incredible, I didn't even notice it! Thank you, detective Bluefalchion! I must say that it took me some time to choose between the two figures (so, non time to look at the background :P), there are very nice things on both of them. The dress with flowers catches the eye, but I was also impressed with the vertical lines of the other figure, which I find, technically speaking, difficult to achieve. If I had to paint a dress, I would more likely use a flower pattern, because I would (whether right or not) find it easier.

In the end, I voted for the second one, mainly because of the painting of the eyes. Congratulations to both of you!

Phil, thanks for pointing out. I did not realise neither. And like you I have been catched by the figs. And like you it was difficult to choose a winner for the same reasons. In the end the flowers made it for me. Sorry Remco :oops:

Funny duel and I really love the background story and the picture. Take care! :yeah: :yeah: :-D :-D
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Jur2225 on 14 Mar 2021, 14:13

Thank you all for voting and for your nice comments!

It was a very fun duel, and a great bonus-father-and-son activity while being locked away at home. I recently got back into painting miniatures, mainly because I have been playing a lot of Dungeons & Dragons during the pandemic and I want to use miniatures when we meet up in person. This is one of the figures I ordered for my game. Remco likes to paint non-violent figures, so I thought this would be a great candidate for a duel!

I figured painting flowers is easier than stripes. I was really impressed how neat Remco painted his figure, and I wasn't so sure I was going to win ;)
Jur2225  Netherlands

Posted by Bluefalchion on 14 Mar 2021, 14:59

You did a nice job on your figure Jurrien. Congrats on your win. If you need to sooth Remco's hurt feelings after his loss, it is well known that ice cream can help a great deal.
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by Kekso on 17 Mar 2021, 14:57

Congratulations to Jurrien. But I'm still your friend Remco. I voted for your stripes and green line on maid's apron. ;-)
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Susofrick on 17 Mar 2021, 15:22

This was a really fantastic duel! And it was great to see something from Jurrien again. But, as so many others, I am terrified of Remco so I voted on him. :-D
Susofrick  Sweden
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Mr. Andrea on 18 Mar 2021, 16:33

Superfunny duel, fantastic mini. Remco, no offence, but that green flower dress was not easy to match. It got my vote. A big big thanks to both contenders, it was really great entertainment.
Mr. Andrea  Europe

Posted by Dad's Army on 18 Mar 2021, 22:29

Thanks Peter, Gunnar and Dalibor, the other ones I don't know anymore :mrgreen:
Dad's Army  Netherlands

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Peter on 18 Mar 2021, 22:49

Dad's Army wrote:Thanks Peter, Gunnar and Dalibor, the other ones I don't know anymore :mrgreen:

Thanks! Oh and I think you have dementia! :mrgreen: :joker:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Return to The Duelling Field