Please choose the best painted

Poll ended at 06 Sep 2009, 13:48

Run Rabbit, Run
64%
Out flanked in Korea
36%

Total votes : 28

Posted by Adam on 30 Aug 2009, 13:48

Thick and fast at the moment! Apologies to those of you who are waiting a day or two, I'm trying to post a new duel each day to encourage repeat viewing :-D The 11th duel gentlemen!

The rules were 2 figures, post world war 2 with basing.

You have a week to choose your winner. Once again gentlemen take your places and may the best painter win.
Please leave comments until after the duel has finished

Run Rabbit, Run

vs

Out flanked in Korea

Adam  United Kingdom

Posted by Adam on 07 Sep 2009, 19:25

Well congrats guys, quite a close one in places this, and congratulations Paul for a fine win, but great stuff rich (west1871) for a cracking competitor. :thumbup:
Adam  United Kingdom

Posted by west1871 on 07 Sep 2009, 19:30

well done paul :thumbup: :thumbup: great idea for the era :thumbup:
what makes this worse is I supplied paul with very figs that he beat me with ;-) ;-)
very nice dio mate great scratch buildings,liked the cloth by the window.
I will expand this dio with more figs be a shame to waste it :thumbup:

once agian paul cheers for taking the time to do the duel well done mate :thumbup:
west1871  United Kingdom

Posted by Peter on 07 Sep 2009, 19:32

Great and unusual duel. This was something special! Congrats to both of you :thumbup:

Greetings Peter
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by T. Dürrschmidt on 07 Sep 2009, 20:11

Great stuff. Congrats to both of you. Very unusual topics. I thought "run, rabbit, run" was from Modernkiwi. ;-)
T. Dürrschmidt  Germany
Silver Brush winner

Posted by ColeF on 07 Sep 2009, 20:19

Nice job Paul. 8) 8)
ColeF  United States of America

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Francesco Giova on 07 Sep 2009, 20:23

Compliments, Paul, for an attractive scene and congratulations on your victory :thumbup: ... but ... what exactly is the scene representing ? what is the running man covering his head with ? :scratch:
Francesco Giova  Italy

Posted by Susofrick on 08 Sep 2009, 08:10

Great duel! And very hard to vote. Congrats to the both of you. Fun to see a little modern stuff too. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Susofrick  Sweden
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Paul on 08 Sep 2009, 16:29

Thanks rich, it was fun to do something different from ancients.
The sad thing is, the day after I took the photos a book landed on the dio :(
@ Francesco, it started meaning to be something from Grosny but slowly developed into what it became,a total war scene, I suppose anywhere in the world really and as for what he´s got on his head?????A painter of modern bods can only help here, the figure came like that and looked (in my weird head :-) ) a bit like a rabbit, hence the titel.
Paul  China

Posted by ModernKiwi on 09 Sep 2009, 07:15

Congratulations Paul, once again something different from you. Also nice work to Rich. The surrendering guy is lucky he is giving up to the Chinese, they were way more likely to take prisoners than the North Koreans.

The thing on the running guys face is a face guard, most likely made of kevlar or similar material and designed to deflect fragments from grenades etc. (It certainly wouldn't stop a bullet). The helmet itself (for that is what it is), would be a very lightweight helmet to stop the noggin being knocked while ducking and diving in ruins (especially in the dark). Very similar in construction (if not identical) to a skateboarders helmet.

One last comment, a sniper would never stick his head/gun out of a window, it tells the world where you are. Of course that would make for a boring diorama, and so here (as elsewhere), reality services drama like a tuppeny-hapenny harlot in a back alley... :-D

Great work both of you. I must participate in one of these soon.
ModernKiwi  New Zealand

Return to The Duelling Field