Work in Progress

100 Year's War Zvezda.

Posted by morata92 on 15 Apr 2020, 20:13

Hi,

I want to create a Medieval Diorama of 100 Year's War. For the time being I have purchased Zvezda English Knights and Zvezda French Infantry.

I have time because of the quarantine, but I haven't many of the materials I need so I am focused in the figures rather than the scenography.

Even though, I would like to create a forest using real plants and branches. It is possible? Have you ever built a forest in that way?

I accept every sort of tips about painting and scenography.

Sorry for my English.

Thanks.

morata92  Spain

Posted by Bessiere on 15 Apr 2020, 21:40

Your figures look very nice all painted to a high standard. Many members here have experience using natural materials so I know you'll get some good advice. i can't wait to see what scene you conjure up. I'm sure it will look astounding. :yeah:
Bessiere  United States of America

Posted by Kekso on 15 Apr 2020, 21:54

Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to see some progress.
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Ben90 on 15 Apr 2020, 22:05

Welcome to the forum! Great paintjob on these figures! I never used real plants etc... only some real earth and stones for the groundwork. So unfortunately, I can not help you with this.
Ben90  Germany
Golden Brush Winner

Posted by Bluefalchion on 15 Apr 2020, 22:26

Those figures look tremendous! My concern with using real plants or plant pieces in dioramas is that they may dry out, turn brittle, and lose their shape or color or just break off and blow away.
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by morata92 on 16 Apr 2020, 00:46

Bessiere wrote:Your figures look very nice all painted to a high standard. Many members here have experience using natural materials so I know you'll get some good advice. i can't wait to see what scene you conjure up. I'm sure it will look astounding. :yeah:

I really appreciate your words, I will post more pictures through the process. I´m trying to get some foam panels, I want to build a tower, even a little castle.

Time will tell.

Thanks
morata92  Spain

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by morata92 on 16 Apr 2020, 00:53

Kekso wrote:Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to see some progress.

Thank you Kekso, I am glad to read your comment. You will can see the new photos very soon.
morata92  Spain

Posted by morata92 on 16 Apr 2020, 01:07

Ben90 wrote:Welcome to the forum! Great paintjob on these figures! I never used real plants etc... only some real earth and stones for the groundwork. So unfortunately, I can not help you with this.

Ok Ben. I were searching videos related on youtube but I couldn't find them. I reckon that the best method is with paints and sticks, wire... and artificial vegetation.

Thanks a lot
morata92  Spain

Posted by morata92 on 16 Apr 2020, 01:24

Bluefalchion wrote:Those figures look tremendous! My concern with using real plants or plant pieces in dioramas is that they may dry out, turn brittle, and lose their shape or color or just break off and blow away.

Yes.. I suppose thats the reason why people prefer to buy or build their own plants and trees. I could try to seize the trunk and stick some lichens on it.. If the result is worthy I will upload a picture.

Thanks Blufalchion
morata92  Spain

Posted by Ben90 on 16 Apr 2020, 09:44

morata92 wrote:
Yes.. I suppose thats the reason why people prefer to buy or build their own plants and trees. I could try to seize the trunk and stick some lichens on it.. If the result is worthy I will upload a picture.

Thanks Blufalchion

If you want to go really crazy:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... towan+tree

Looks fantastic, and is achievable with some training...
Ben90  Germany
Golden Brush Winner

Posted by Rich W on 16 Apr 2020, 10:04

Looks like you've done a really nice job with the figures. Good luck with the scenery. Youtube channel called 'Terrain Tutor' shows some interesting tutorials on scenery.
Rich W  United Kingdom

Posted by Susofrick on 16 Apr 2020, 12:52

Welcome here! Looks great! Also plan to make a forest. Been planning for, ..... hmmmm, .... some time. There are good tutorials here, Luke Towan is good, but he's almost too good! MarklinofSweden is also quite good. Our own BB Paul (Beano Boy) have made a tutorial for trees. That terrain tutor-channel sounds interesting! Must take a look!
Susofrick  Sweden
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by morata92 on 18 Apr 2020, 11:38

Rich W wrote:Looks like you've done a really nice job with the figures. Good luck with the scenery. Youtube channel called 'Terrain Tutor' shows some interesting tutorials on scenery.

Hi Rich, I am eager to have a glance to the channel. I think the panting work is average, you will note when I upload photos with more zoom. I have to improve a lot yet.

Your words encourage me, thanks a lot.
morata92  Spain

Posted by morata92 on 18 Apr 2020, 11:49

Susofrick wrote:Welcome here! Looks great! Also plan to make a forest. Been planning for, ..... hmmmm, .... some time. There are good tutorials here, Luke Towan is good, but he's almost too good! MarklinofSweden is also quite good. Our own BB Paul (Beano Boy) have made a tutorial for trees. That terrain tutor-channel sounds interesting! Must take a look!

Hello Susofrick, firstly thanks for your comment. I were watching Luke Towan's channel and their crafts are amazing. I didn't know the other channels, I'm sure they will inspire me.

Thanks again
morata92  Spain

Posted by morata92 on 18 Apr 2020, 12:01

New crossbowman from Zvezda French infantry 100 year's war.

I have put liquid Vallejo matt varnish on it but I think I will put anew because it is still shining a bit.

What matt varnish do you think is the best one? Maybe I try with spray matt.
morata92  Spain

Posted by santifernandez on 18 Apr 2020, 12:12

Welcome to the forum, very good painting on those figures.
I recommend other alternatives to natural plants, since you have to dry them first with glycerin and currently on the market there are a number of products to make vegetation very realistic.
I recommend that you visit the woodland scenics page and you will see wonders.
You can also compare on the pages of brands like ammo mig, or stores like Jordi rubio modelismo.
By the way, where are you from?
Santi.
santifernandez  Spain

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by morata92 on 18 Apr 2020, 12:22

santifernandez wrote:Welcome to the forum, very good painting on those figures.
I recommend other alternatives to natural plants, since you have to dry them first with glycerin and currently on the market there are a number of products to make vegetation very realistic.
I recommend that you visit the woodland scenics page and you will see wonders.
You can also compare on the pages of brands like ammo mig, or stores like Jordi rubio modelismo.
By the way, where are you from?
Santi.

Hi Santi, muchas gracias :-D I am Spanish and I gather you too. I'm exactly from Murcia.

I have heard about glycerin, I want to seize the plants that grow on my garden, as "romero" or many bushes with little trunks. I have watched videos where people triture the plants and the results seem well.

I will visit the woodland scenics page right now.

Thanks again compatriota.
morata92  Spain

Posted by Graeme on 18 Apr 2020, 17:52

Very nice job on these figures, the armour and clothing both look very realistic.
Graeme  Australia

Posted by morata92 on 23 Apr 2020, 15:52

morata92  Spain

Posted by morata92 on 01 May 2020, 13:20

So happy to get a set which is difficult to purchase currently.

morata92  Spain

Next page

Return to Work in Progress