Gallery

IDF column in Samaria

Posted by praga on 11 Sep 2019, 15:37

Still get a diorama for Holzminden - the last exhibition in which I participate for this year - finished.
The homestead is from Sarissa.
The Ford Mutt is from S-model with the IDF conversion kit from BlackDog.
The Dodge is from the brand Esci but slightly rebuilt by me, so he is not that high and provided with a tarpaulin.
The halftrack is from PSC but with the resin conversion kit from The Hobby Den for the 90mm anti tank version.
The figures around the Ford Mutt are made of plastic and tin from different manufacturers.
The figures on the Dodge and in the halftrack are from Alexminiatures - which in my opinion are the best and most innovative figures available at the moment - i like the figures very much :-D .
The palms are cheap plastic parts from China which I repainted and attached to natural trunks. Then some grass and bushes - and ready.

Best regards, Jens Hilgraf

praga  

Posted by C M Dodson on 11 Sep 2019, 16:43

The first couple of pictures and the ones towards the end are really life life and trigger the ‘ double take’ response, the nivarna of modelling.

Brilliant work with a real feel but the first with the sharp sunlight evokes the Mediterranean sun and gives it a magical touch.

Best wishes,

Chris
C M Dodson  United Kingdom

Posted by CPN on 11 Sep 2019, 18:28

A superb realisation.
Kudos.
CPN
CPN  France

Posted by Wiking on 11 Sep 2019, 19:10

Con :
You run into the trouble, to use a full house. It need so much space.
So your "action" vehicle and figures are only at one small line for one side of the Dio.
The top of the house is too homogeneous white, too clean into my eyes. And It cover a huge area in your Dio.
The half truck of Academy is the nicer choice. If available. The interior behind the gun is a bit empty.
The Dodge get no glasses !

Pro:
MC Dodson wrote: Brilliant work with a real feel but the first with the sharp sunlight evokes the Mediterranean sun and gives it a magical touch.

Lot of different figures, conversions and maker for that scene, nice.
The pose of several lazy figures to all three vehicle is well made.
praga wrote: ... Alexminiatures - which in my opinion are the best and most innovative ...
I agree.

praga wrote: ... Esci but slightly rebuilt by me, so he is not that high... :yeah:
The width of the street is different to the white line. Live like.
To the wall of garden of the neighbor is a small path.
Different palms also in level.

A very nice Dio.
For a rare theme that is not so easy to get the right vehicle and for true, figures !

PS.:
ACE do some IDF vehicles now: Centurion , AMX13/75.
http://www.acemodel.com.ua/en
Wiking  Germany

Posted by XbriX on 11 Sep 2019, 20:24

I love every part of it! Great details ;-)
XbriX  Poland

Posted by Bill Slavin on 12 Sep 2019, 14:10

Really nice! I love the hot, languid look of the figures you have chosen. and the modelling is superb!
Bill Slavin  Canada

Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Kekso on 12 Sep 2019, 14:49

Photos on direct sunlight are not good in my opinion. This rare but excellent exemption proves it. I also like how real background fitted with diorama so good.
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Bluefalchion on 12 Sep 2019, 20:19

I agree with all the comments, especially Wiking's advice.

But that being said, this is one tremendous diorama. My favorite figure is the praying civilian. His mind is on great spiritual matters as the armored fighting vehicles are stopped nearby.

Is the year intended to be 1968?
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by praga on 13 Sep 2019, 08:36

Bluefalchion The Dodge still has the six days war mark on the roof but it's supposed to be sometime in the 1970's. The half-track with 90 mm cannon is - I mean know (not sure) - built in this time. But there were only a few - maybe only one. I only know one photo of this version.

And i agree with wiking too - the academy half-track is the better choice - but the conversion kit fits only on the PSC kit.
praga  

Posted by Santi Pérez on 14 Sep 2019, 22:43

Another fantastic diorama, praga!

I love the paintjob, the attention to detail and the balanced composition. :thumbup:

My best regards.

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Return to Gallery