Tutorials

A little of my Hobbystyle Work

Posted by MABO on 17 Aug 2019, 10:43

This is a impressive presentation. If I have to run the walls of this castle I would not be pleased.
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by SamSagace on 17 Aug 2019, 22:06

Dear BB, I'm more impressed with your work that I let comments on your posts !
But be sure that I discover old posts that I've never seen before because I was on a far far planet !
To be here, after so many years in another universe, is a pleasure ! :P
... BB is always BB and everybody is exactly at his own place... it's a pleasure ... many thanks to you and the other ones ! :-D :yeah:
SamSagace  France
Supporting Member (Silver) Supporting Member (Silver)

Posted by Beano Boy on 21 Aug 2019, 00:40

Thank you very much Pascal,
i`m glad you are liking being back on Benno`s Figure Forum again. As you realized there are still some great guys here who pop in daily around the clock, and our friendly moderators are top men. The very best as you already know. C U Soon. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Bluefalchion on 21 Aug 2019, 04:58

If anything, I am looking at this forum too much. But I am so glad to see Pascal back. And BB always shows us so many interesting things. There is almost never a dull moment.
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by SamSagace on 21 Aug 2019, 07:35

:oops: ... yes it's a pleasure to be there but I need to find my old painting skill in the Hobby's stuff ! :eh:
Thank you my friends ! :-D
SamSagace  France

Posted by Beano Boy on 15 Sep 2019, 00:35

HONEY WELL
Set in the 1950`s early 1960`s
BB
Beano Boy  England

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by C M Dodson on 15 Sep 2019, 07:17

Very nice as always Mr B.

Your imagination shows no bounds when it comes to modelling.

I hope that you do not mind me pinching your ideas on occasion?

Best wishes,

Chris
C M Dodson  United Kingdom

Posted by Beano Boy on 16 Sep 2019, 17:49

My little tree`s have lasted very well over the years, and many buildings scratch-buildt too. Well lets say they hold the dust upon them very well, and do need a brush off every 5 or so years. :-D

In reply C M , you are most welcome to expand upon any of my ideas, in your own individual way.

i often look upon it as being a bit like teaching my students how to write English many years ago on The Adult Education Programm here in the city of Norwich.
What they cared to write afterwards fell into their very own individual artistic realms.

:coffee: i simply call it putting ones mind and hands into activity. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 22 Sep 2019, 03:45

:coffee: With tinypic`s gone, i now replace some of that which was lost from my other topic here. BB

................................................ :eh: PART ONE

Transparent stone laid by brush was never noticed so it lay unseen.

ONCE UPON A TIME
My first scratch- building here on this Forum began to take shape.

Being restored here is the classic, King Henry`s Eight Sided tower :-D

Here the walls were being stuck together in two`s.
Then eventually each angled two were stuck up into place to create the eight directional walls that were needed.

Mr Glad Grind supervisors his work party.

From humble beginnings eventually the battlements were formed in rough cut paper card.

Work also began on the complex of outbuildings too.

HO OO Railway Scale.

Every drawn flint stone had to be raised using p v a glue, and it would be seen or not seen, as my trademark?

Looking back in hindsight the work and the change that fell into place upon it, seems rather very quick, but of course it was not. ;-)

:sst: so as bb, pondered upon it all at that particular time,,,,,

,,,, another building also took shape for such towers of medieval strength never hardly sit alone.

............................................................ :eh: END OF PART ONE
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 22 Sep 2019, 20:19

Before resuming i slipped this rather odd matter in. I took the shot,and what resulted lead me to this mysterious conclusion.The darkness of the Post Mill just outside the township of Honey Well, as usual was visited by a strange dark shape, a shadow of a man. Some say it is the ghost of him that indeed of duty built it, but died tragic because of it. Whatever might be the case that human shape is there at the top of the steps, and the Post Mill long ago ground to its final halt.

PART TWO ______________ Of King Henry`s Eight Sided Tower

All the restored and remastered photographs of mine were salvaged from tinypics
before it finally shut down.

The time had arrived to dress up the top, and it was only a matter of making boxes up.

The early daylight of each morning as it passes by always brighten up my hallway come workshop area,and here the tree`s that were made for the heavy woodland area in front of Hougoumont lend a hand to dress up my table.

The work on the Stairwell to the roof was ongoing and the chimneys were beginning to take shape.

Meanwhile Below.

A few friends popped in to see the progress for themselves.

The top being complete with slabs around the stairwell , was painted in uniform white.

The rooftop had been scribed out using a pen then painted.

So there were eight kings represented by this eight sided tower.

Its history still ongoing but unrecorded in written reports of state, is hushed away into silence at the mere mention of the Post Mill near Halfway House and the little township of Honey Well.

Especially that hushed up date of happening ,when strange aliens overran the place in 1972.

:coffee: However that is a story for another time. BB

Thank you all for stopping by.
Beano Boy  England

Posted by PhilC on 22 Sep 2019, 21:20

Hi BB!
Excellent work as usual.
I'm happy to see a figure from Lucky Luke's range on the last picture, I like them a lot (and I have this one, same color :)).
PhilC  Europe

Posted by Susofrick on 23 Sep 2019, 09:39

Looks great!!! You must be one of our best paper-smiths here!
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by Beano Boy on 23 Sep 2019, 12:46

Yes Phil, i have lost count of how many Lucky Luke sets i have complete. The little fellow lifting his hat in Hello, or Good-day is from a much smaller sized set i obtained about three years ago. Very glade you like him. :thumbup: i am a great believer of adding fantasy figures for show on my topics.
One person called me a sad case for doing so,i know differently though. i believe some people would crack their face while trying hard to smile.

Gunnar, :-D Thank you Kindly for that comment.
A paper smith is a good description to add to my long string of titles. :thumbup: BB

The others being

:cowboy: BEANO BOY
:coffee: BB
:read: i
:winky: Paulus, :sst: the fiddle wood gnome
:coffee: Now ain`t they cool ?
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Emperor on 23 Sep 2019, 15:10

Nothing is so great when you do what you like and it gives a good results...And I see you made many nice stuff...
Emperor  

Posted by Beano Boy on 23 Sep 2019, 16:00

Hi there Emperor, thank you for commenting. i notice that you could change your profile picture if you see a need to? Photobucket are real pirates in our day and priceless age. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Mr. Andrea on 24 Sep 2019, 09:07

I have no words, only facts: I've been scrolling up and down for 30 minutes now. I feel inspired. Thanks!
Mr. Andrea  Europe

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Beano Boy on 25 Sep 2019, 01:47

Thank you Mr. Andrea, For taking time out to wonder down certain
restored pathways of mine. :thumbup:
Time is very valuable, we use it up and then it`s gone forever.
Photographs are frozen moments of time. i value them as an aid for teaching. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 02 Oct 2019, 02:09

https://generalpicton.blogspot.com/

This Link is safe by the way.

After i retrieved nearly all my photographs on Line, i came across this Blog topic that contained one of the most important pictures that i once placed upon this Forum. It being Siborn`s model of the burn`t out rooftops which i used to plan my own scratch buildings of Hougoumont.

................................... :winky: BB`s Picture Above

This is my picture and my topic Proff of Hougoumont is still printed under it.
Another one of my photographs is presented on there too, and i left a comment there concerning it in a friendly way.
My stuff is wide spread all over the WWW, so i take time out to try find it now and again.

Slowly my work is being found much of it i call ghost cloud pictures which can be collected and replaced on my files. Over 21.000 photographs i retrieved from Photobucket and tinypics that were mine.
So i have about 80% of my work back on file. This took me many months of retrieving rightfully that which i copyright own, as i could not copy files, only one picture at a time.
I was frozen out of my Photobucket account for over three years,then i found a way to avoid that,and i explained it here but after a few weeks that doorway to my photographs was shut. Yes they got wind of what i was doing and now all i get is blank screen and messages `unrefined,' However after i recovered my pictures i deleted my files there as i worked my way through them. Well what i could before they blocked me again.

:coffee: i`m happy 80% is better than the nothing i had before.
Yes very happy indeed. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 07 Oct 2019, 04:31

.................. :winky: THE CHATEAU GOUMONT, HOUGOUMONT

....................... :eh: REPLACING THE PICTURES OF MY BUILDINGS
:mrgreen: Those two above are now job sharing.

When i began making them in 2002 my only study sauce were books, maps and postcard pictures like those shown, along with the prominent owners of the farm having had photographs shot in and around the place.

Sometimes the pictures were developed the wrong way round. Well that was easy to do when handling the rather large glass negative plates.

I can now re-master them on my PC, to get a much better detailed shot, and flip them over to get them right sided. A real must for any scratch-builder.

i began building La Haye Sainte and Hougoumont 17 years ago, and it would be the case that they ended up in the bin, They being more than one 2 or even 3.
l was gaining experience along the way as problems were overcome in a simplistic way.

THE WELL & DOVE COTE in early 1860`s by then the wooden top had been demolished. Left uncovered and so unprotected from the weather the brickwork edged in stone soon began to crumble. The double gate and haystack can be seen in the background.

The 1890`s probably the landowners Daughter posed with the common boy labourer who i suppose helped out with looking after the cows, sheep and pigs of the farm. :sst: there were also free range pecking peck peck chickens too.

So i made my version of the structure with the dove cote,that has an easy backway door for wood pigeon egg collection. :drool: Well i never.

Drawing up the plans ,cutting out templates to trace around, and pieces to be stuck into place produced the structures that i needed. I was also painting two boxes of toy soldiers every week. Gradually buildings took their required shape.

The corner of the modest chateau, stairwell brick Tower all faced in stone, the Great Barn, the Well and wall with gate way beyond.

Remember these stone facings a few pages back?

The gateway wide open and the slopping farmyard leading up to where the Chapel stands. With more pictures came more ideas on how to make my version of them.

Gradually it had begun to come together. :coffee: END OF PART ONE BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Susofrick on 07 Oct 2019, 09:25

Looks great! As all your paper-work!
Susofrick  Sweden

Previous pageNext page

Return to Tutorials