Miniatures News

Strelets news 2019

Posted by SamSagace on 02 Jul 2019, 19:28

Thank Paul ! :yeah:

Good to see the old M001 M002 and M003 ! :-D
I would like to see also the 911 Stamford Bridge, it's impossible to find it :eh:
SamSagace  France
Supporting Member (Silver) Supporting Member (Silver)

Posted by marc zijp on 03 Jul 2019, 04:02

Note: when ordening sets mind the right article numbers. The French line infantry set at ease has changed from 223 into 225. On the site you now can see two sets which are both the same.
Perhaps they changed more, I don’t know, but can be a bit confusing.
marc zijp  

Posted by Graeme on 03 Jul 2019, 04:14

One other thing to note with regard to the 8 re-released old sets, Strelets has said:

"Kindly note, that the whole production run of re-released sets has been ordered by various shops and they will last only as long as the shop stocks last."
Graeme  Australia

Posted by Bluefalchion on 03 Jul 2019, 04:49

In other words, "get 'em while they are hot!"
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by Misteredd on 03 Jul 2019, 12:25

Are there pictures of those guns? Of the 155 GPF or the Canon de 105 mle 1913 Schneider ??
Misteredd  

Posted by Erich von Manstein on 03 Jul 2019, 13:13

Misteredd wrote:Are there pictures of those guns? Of the 155 GPF or the Canon de 105 mle 1913 Schneider ??

Afaik, no pictures of the completed kits so far.
But one can get an idea of what to expect when browsing the provided pictures of masters & sprues at Strelets website.
Unfortunately, it seems the guns will be made in soft plastic again. :(

http://www.strelets-r.com/Pages/Product.aspx?SeriesID=3
Erich von Manstein  Aruba

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Leonid Kireev on 03 Jul 2019, 18:52

This is good news that they will be releasing old sets!Last week I learned from Strelets whether they would re-release sets for the Middle Ages: sergeants, foot soldiers, two sets of militia, crossbowmen. They said they are not planning yet. Maybe someone else is looking for these kits? If there is, then Strelets can report it. Maybe these sets will release.
Leonid Kireev  Russia

Posted by Londoncopper on 06 Jul 2019, 14:59

They would work for the Khyber Pass and Sudan, not for the Zulu War though, that was a different uniform, equipment and rifle, although it depends how fussy you are.
Londoncopper  United Kingdom

Posted by Paul on 06 Jul 2019, 16:44

Leonid Kireev wrote: sergeants, foot soldiers, two sets of militia, crossbowmen. They said they are not planning yet. Maybe someone else is looking for these kits?

Yes and I´ll add the Medieval britain set as well...and English army of Henry V and English Cavalry of Edward I and thier arabic medievals
Leonid Kireev wrote:If there is, then Strelets can report it. Maybe these sets will release.

Tried as have a few others in the past..no luck.
Paul  China

Posted by Beano Boy on 07 Jul 2019, 02:10

Why not scratch build the wooden bridge. BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Graeme on 07 Jul 2019, 05:06

BB, I think the Stamford Bridge referred to is this large set of Strelets figures:

http://www.strelets-r.com/Pages/Set.aspx?SetID=266&M=F

There's no bridge included though, so you would have to scratch build it.

Strelets have told us that many of the older sets can't be reissued because the moulds are worn out; if they restock something you want it's a good idea to get them while you can.
Graeme  Australia

Posted by Leonid Kireev on 07 Jul 2019, 22:18

And let's write them a collective petition?))
I asked the shop in Moscow, if they could contact the manufacturer, that they would release the old kits - they politely sent me)))
Can anyone here have these kits? I need one cast from each set, for a diorama (Paul, this is a look at your blog, in a project about the Scots / English).
I have only two: mounted sergeants and the army of Henry 5 (but not the whole set).
Leonid Kireev  Russia

Posted by marc zijp on 08 Jul 2019, 12:17

Pictures of the new Strelets sets are on PSR now (most of them).
French old guard are 23 (1,66m), which is small for the biggest troops of their time.
But since the biggest part of the grenadiers on my diorama are Strelets too it’s not a real problem anymore. They form big formations; the revell grenadiers in greatcoat are 24 (1,73m) and are more suitable as a firing line and will stand more seperately.

Still: want to get rid off the plumes on the bearskins, but since most of them are bond together with the musket that will be a hell of a job.
marc zijp  

Posted by SamSagace on 09 Jul 2019, 19:53

Leonid Kireev wrote:And let's write them a collective petition?))
I asked the shop in Moscow, if they could contact the manufacturer, that they would release the old kits - they politely sent me)))
Can anyone here have these kits? I need one cast from each set, for a diorama (Paul, this is a look at your blog, in a project about the Scots / English).
I have only two: mounted sergeants and the army of Henry 5 (but not the whole set).

Could you list the sets you're searching for ?... for some STRELETS medieval old sets, possible to help you (maybe !)
SamSagace  France

Posted by sansovino on 09 Jul 2019, 22:21

I have received today some of the new Strelets sets - mostly the Napoleonics.
The figures are really wonderful detailed, and the poses well choosen, but most figures are quite slim and small like Marc mentioned it in a former reply. The old french guards are indeed too small, why I will use them only in the background. The WW1 french are far more smaller what will reduce theirs use. The french line companies and the prussians are better suitable in theirs sizes.

What me bother still more, is the fact that most figures have very short and slim human arms with nearly not existenting forearms. They don´t offer you much surface to paint and they are looking unreal - 15-20 cm shorter than regular human arms. It´s a weakness which I hope will been corrected in the new batch of new sets of Strelets.

I appreciate the new sculptors and impressive output of Strelets, but they should study better the proportions of human arms - and to have more flesh or body to paint. Actually many human left arms are looking like a combination of upper arms with hands.
sansovino  Germany

Posted by marc zijp on 10 Jul 2019, 05:27

I fully agree and did not mention that before. The nco in the French line marching has such a stump as arm. It’s an old Strelets problem, which they got to solve.
When I saw such stumpy figures in the past I looked at the mirror and raised my arm above my head as a comparance. Easy!
So how to make a thorough study of human proportions? Buy a long mirror!
Painters, sculptors, cartoonists, even sunday painters use them!
marc zijp  

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by SamSagace on 10 Jul 2019, 09:18

Some rare sets, especially medieval ones, on ebay here :
https://www.ebay.fr/str/theminiaturearmoury
Postage cost is 22 AUS$ but the same for multiple purchases.

I've found some also on other shops... :P , sometime more expensive, sometime for good prices in my opinion.
SamSagace  France

Posted by Misteredd on 10 Jul 2019, 14:40

Guns are up in the awaiting review section of plasticsoldierreview. They are soft plastic. I think they are awesome!
Misteredd  

Posted by Leonid Kireev on 10 Jul 2019, 23:29

SamSagace wrote:
Could you list the sets you're searching for ?... for some STRELETS medieval old sets, possible to help you (maybe !)

Thank you, I will be grateful!
Set M012 Military Order Warriors, Set M025 Medieval Crossbowmen, Set M005 Medieval Levy (1), Set M006 Medieval Levy (2).
Leonid Kireev  Russia

Posted by SamSagace on 11 Jul 2019, 22:49

You can find them all with this seller, quite expensive but they are all expensive, because very rare ! If you want to deal with him, ask before for shipping costs and if you don't buy on ebay, I can do something for you ! :-D
https://www.ebay.fr/sch/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ssn=giamboneto&rt=nc
He sells some very rare sets especially ATLANTIC... for collectors with money !
But Paul, sorry, no Medieval Britain. :eh:
SamSagace  France

Previous pageNext page

Return to Miniatures News