Gallery

Mysterious Monsters

Posted by Gowan on 13 Jan 2019, 03:02

Hi all, here's something rather different. First off because technically these models are not 1/72 :shock: :shock: rather these are models for Dungeons and Dragons at a larger scale. However, if you know anything about me it is that I don't use models for what they were intended for and in this case I just went: ooh those look cool, and snapped them right up. Plus I think they look even more terrifying being so much bigger. They are apparently called mind flayers but I prefer to call them Bob and Jerry. Not quite sure what these pirates are going to call them but I don't think it'll be that endeering.

I hope you like them. I originally bought them to play D&D with friends (using my models, cheaper for everyone else and I get to take my little ones out and about) however the campaign ended before I completed them. Perhaps in the next game they can be used.
Gowan  

Posted by Beano Boy on 13 Jan 2019, 03:24

Set within a scenario using 1/72 scale figures the larger sci fi fantasy figures are a ok.
Monsters come in all sizes. Well done on the painting they look long fingered and pretty cool. BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Gowan on 13 Jan 2019, 03:29

They were quite fun to paint. I like my smartly dressed Oronegrean line infantry but sometimes some big blue dudes are fun too. Actually bought some little demon creatures as well when I got these. They were meant to be gargoyels (as in living ones I guess) but once again I paid no attention to what I was told to paint. As little demons they actually work quite well size wise with 1/72 scale figures. Hope to get them done in the next few days too.
Gowan  

Posted by Graeme on 13 Jan 2019, 06:15

That's the good thing about monsters no-one can tell you what size they should be. Personally I think these are an excellent size for using with 1/72 figures. Very nice job on these, they look intimidating!

I do like the sound of living gargoyles.
Graeme  Australia

Posted by sansovino on 14 Jan 2019, 12:14

I like your monsters with theirs horrible scissor-hands... a good idea!
sansovino  Germany

Posted by carlosfaro on 14 Jan 2019, 13:18

These mindflayers into the 1/72 world are also great!!
carlosfaro  

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Return to Gallery