General

my brand new saddle tank Loco

Posted by Beano Boy on 01 Dec 2018, 10:42

HORNBY HO OO Railway Scale. 1.86, 1/76. 20mm and 1/72 Scale
Having no great need to buy used train sets at £70, I seek to obtain the new steam engines alone which is a much better deal with no fuss or bother concerned if I had bought second hand. That is a Mugs game. However early period piece train sets 60 odd years old I have bought , and have reconditioned them to a darn good standard of noisy working order. :-D Bliss!

This 1885 type Blue Highlander taken from the Caledonian Railway Set was priced at £18.99 with Free Post. Being factory fresh new It has a powerful motor. So this Loco will pull up to 20 of my coal wagons and it cost me nothing because I traded in some of my One Pence Nectar Points to obtain it.
I can remember when one spent money and never got so much as a bean back, ;-) yes things have certainly changed in this modern day and age we live in today.

One still being used throughout the 1950`s below at Glasgow.

So my little hard working PUG, was free to a good home. :-D BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Kekso on 05 Dec 2018, 17:23

Where's Thomas the Tank Engine? :-D
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Graeme on 05 Dec 2018, 18:22

A very interesting looking loco Paul, I can see why they call it a saddle tank. The livery is really nice too, that's going to be a very smart looking coal train.

I used to love the coal train that passed through my local station when I was a lad. Because it was a proper train, not like all the other gimcrack modern deisel upstarts. And steam train drivers always wave to kids. :-)
Graeme  Australia

Posted by Beano Boy on 06 Dec 2018, 20:49

Graeme,
O yes a very smart looking Loco indeed. I love the early British built Victorian trains best. Everyone might remember The Railway Children and the Loco pulling the classic colourful train carriages. I have lots of those smaller carriages and have lost count of how many. Well over 40 electric Locos in my collection with the trains they pull too.

this picture from ebay but it shows the one I won.
The original ROCKET and train carriages which I often add to if I can get them under £36.00 each.

Image :mrgreen: now in my hand. :-D Tri-ang 1968

Above I also have The German Trix type early Loco and train it also pulled.

I often recommend War Gamers buy cheap electric Loco`s and railway lines for their table top games as they would look much better than what I have seen on display recently on You Tube.

:cowboy: Even the Woody Toy Story Loco and train with the figures removed and repainted can be used for the Wild West games and would look the part rather than more expensive ones.

Dallibor,
As for Dear Thomas the Tank Engine and friends, no toy collection would look right without a few of those.

Below the rare metallic blue limited edition Thomas! :mrgreen: Toot! Toot!

A few years ago I bought the up to date series that have more powerful engines installed in them than the earlier ones did. Very powerful, noisy but terrifically nice. :thumbup: They can pull lots of carriages and can raise the best of smiles too.

Below the second modern powerful engined Thomas Train Set

The rest in my collection
Pictures are from advertising

EDWARD

PERCY

GORDIN

JAMES

HENRY

:cowboy: That`s sure a lot of smoke BB. :coffee: It sure is.
Well this is the end of this little trip down the Honey Well, Line. :-D BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Peter on 02 Jan 2019, 15:04

That's a real nice collection of trains! Like them! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Beano Boy on 02 Jan 2019, 17:58

Thank you Peter.
To go along with them I will make some brick Engine Sheds
with faces on them :coffee: for an extra novelty effect. BB
Beano Boy  England

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Return to General