Miniatures Talk

MIA Zvezda sets

Posted by Arkoudaki on 10 Sep 2018, 11:38

Hi all,

So does anyone know what is going on at Zvezda these days? Like many of us, I was sad when they dropped the 1/72 large sets in favor of the 3/5 piece hard plastic ones. For WW2 it is fine (well, not fine but I can live with it!) but for Naps, it is a dead end.

So my question is does anyone know if Zvezda has any plans to release items listed on their figure catalog for some time, namely

Nap Russian Sharpshooters

Nap Russian Cossack (not the Guard ones already out)

Nap French Line Infantry

Thanks in advance for anyone's insight. I am sure the info is on some Russian language site but alas while I can speak a few works I sure can't read it. ;)
Arkoudaki  United Kingdom

Posted by Bluefalchion on 10 Sep 2018, 13:09

My understanding is that Zvezda are not going to make any more 1/72 scale figure sets, nor complete the promised sets. I suspect the figure sets were not profitable, and they do better financially with their other products.
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by Arkoudaki on 10 Sep 2018, 16:53

Well that's what I understood too but Zvezda have started re-releasing some of their earlier 1/72 plastic large sets (along with a few 1/72 snap kits; although I understand that part of the range is dead). Moreover, on their website they still have the old kits that haven't been released as coming soon. Hence, I remain hopeful.

Like I said, I am sure those on the Russian language forums know more than I.....so any insights from you comrades....Za Putina! ;)
Arkoudaki  United Kingdom

Posted by MicroWorld on 11 Sep 2018, 07:12

I have no good news.
New large sets (#80XX) aren't planned. And three sets you mentioned - especially. Models for these sets were made by traditional old technology. But "Zvezda" now is using new 3D-technology. For example: the last two large sets (WWII soviet and german infantry for a Kursk battle) were made with 3D.
Five years ago in Zvezda's catalogue were marked small sets (# 68XX) with the same names. But since 2014 they dissappeared.

But it isn't all... Managers of "Zvezda" on their forum many times answered that thay have not planned ANY new 1/72 figures - even little sets for AoT wargame. It's official information. But it is rumoured, that "someday" "maybe" Zvezda will produce modern russian tank crew (similar to their 1/35 figures). Рrobability - 0,1%. :eh: And it is the only information about new 1/72 figures I've heard.

An old large sets are remaining in production. Not all at once; but they are rotated: every year few sets are ceased, but few another ones are returning into production.
MicroWorld  Russia

Posted by Traveller1865 on 11 Sep 2018, 09:35

Why don't we all just get together and hire 3D artists and create new figures, new lines, new models that fit Zvezda? I'd defintely pay 10-20 euros a month to have quality 3D models and 3D prints. Many talented modellers out there. New Napoleonics and ACW and AWI and so on...
Traveller1865  Sweden

In memoriam

Posted by MicroWorld on 11 Sep 2018, 10:21

Traveller1865 wrote:Why don't we all just get together and hire 3D artists and create new figures, new lines, new models that fit Zvezda? I'd defintely pay 10-20 euros a month to have quality 3D models and 3D prints. Many talented modellers out there. New Napoleonics and ACW and AWI and so on...

Problem is not in 3D. Problem is: "Zvezda" DON'T WANT make new 1/72 figures. They are saying: "too low sales". They have sets of 1/35 figures, which are made in 3D and can be downscaled easily. They use this method for armour models. During three years people asking them to downscale their modern russian infantry (#3665 - so called "polite people"). Answer: "not planned" ("we don't want").
My previous words about tank crew (similar to #3684 and #3685) are mostly wishes based on this facts that Zvezada makes models of modern tanks with separate hatches, which can be made in opened position (all their WWII tanks has closed hatches).
MicroWorld  Russia

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Traveller1865 on 11 Sep 2018, 11:23

We don't need companies anymore, all we need are the 3d models, then we can print the figures ourselves either by 3D printers or through websites like Shapeways who print figures.
Traveller1865  Sweden

In memoriam

Return to Miniatures Talk