Gallery

Zvezda Saxon Cuirassiers (yes, more Nappy Cavalry)

Posted by FatFather on 14 Apr 2018, 19:12

Great painting, as ussually.
FredG, I'm not a master in sword fighting and I could find only excuse to this pose with sword/rapier it is mensur kriege. In my job everyday I watch on mensur sword with written by pencil names men which used this in duel. I mean figures ind duels, rules of swordplays.
FatFather  Poland

Posted by Marvin on 14 Apr 2018, 19:18

Thanks everybody, I really do appreciate the comments - I love this forum! :mrgreen:

Mr. Andrea wrote:That's a promise: you'll never stop! Pleeeeease
Already expressed appreciation for your painting style several times. This time, let me clap to those pink flowers you put here and there. Nice touch!

Thanks as always for all your support. Heavy cavalry and delicate flowers - somehow it's a perfect combination, Mr A! :-D

Lacc wrote:I love you paint style, Marvin, indeed. when I painted my hussars prussians of waterloo 1815 you pictures helped me a lot.
I want painting this saxons riders in Borodino...can you tell me wich colours had Von Zostrov regiment at Borodino, please?
I hope you continue with these nice jobs of napoleonics cavalry.
Alfredo

Thanks Alfredo! Looks like our FredG has helped you with this query - the Zvezda box I think shows the Von Zostrow regiment, although the yellow appears a little orange. Here's another nice print which depicts the trumpeter as well.

I think the arm dynamics has been solved too. It seems to be a reasonable pose but the arm perhaps is twisted in the wrong direction to achieve it? :eh:
Marvin  United Kingdom

Posted by FredG on 14 Apr 2018, 19:23

FatFather wrote:Great painting, as ussually.
FredG, I'm not a master in sword fighting and I could find only excuse to this pose with sword/rapier it is mensur kriege. In my job everyday I watch on mensur sword with written by pencil names men which used this in duel. I mean figures ind duels, rules of swordplays.

In my younger days as a member of the British Academy of Fencing I was classed as a professional coach.
That is my only excuse for being somewhat irked by the pose.
FredG  United Kingdom

Posted by Kostis Ornerakis on 16 Apr 2018, 08:05

Yes, more excellent work from you! :yeah: :-D
Kostis Ornerakis  Greece

In memoriam

Posted by Bluefalchion on 16 Apr 2018, 14:46

Fred G--

Is there a cavalry figure who is holding his sword this way that is correctly posed and modeled? I might want to try a conversion some day. I suppose the hand and sword could be removed at the wrist and repositioned.
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by Kekso on 16 Apr 2018, 15:27

After few days of forum absence this is my first post to read.
They're absolutely painted to your standard and pleasure to look at.
Sorry to say that Marvin but you spoiled us. That means you don't have much room for worse painting :xd:
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by FredG on 16 Apr 2018, 17:13

Bluefalchion wrote:Fred G--

Is there a cavalry figure who is holding his sword this way that is correctly posed and modeled? I might want to try a conversion some day. I suppose the hand and sword could be removed at the wrist and repositioned.

Revell
Set 02576
French Mounted Guard Chasseurs

A much better pose, that doesn't look painful. Unfortunately the sword is curved plus the detail and flash are pretty awful on this box
FredG  United Kingdom

Posted by FredG on 16 Apr 2018, 17:34

Revell 2578
British Life Guards

Not perfect but better than the Zvezda
FredG  United Kingdom

Previous page

Return to Gallery