Miniatures News

Crowdfunding-Projects - Linear-A

Posted by Tom71 on 28 Mar 2018, 06:23

Linear-A ask me for to publish this:

The Manufacture "Linear A" (they have also an own webshop – http://www.linear-a.de ) want to work together with gamers, collectores and painters for to realize new sets in the scale 1/72 (plastic).

At first it gives ideas for 7 sets (ancient, medieval, napoleonic, timeless), and you can vote for several sets. This set, it get the most votes are going into the production (over crowdfunding).

The time for the voting ends 30.04.2018. Than will publish Linear-A the "winner"-set and the concrete details for the crowdfunding (price per set; registration newsletter, timeline and more).

And here are the link to the blog link and there you can find also the link to the voting

http://linear-a-miniaturen.blogspot.de/2018/03/projektvorstellungen-27032018_27.html
Tom71  

Posted by Kekso on 28 Mar 2018, 09:04

So few votes :(
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Susofrick on 28 Mar 2018, 09:08

I like the idea with Medieval ambassadors.
Susofrick  Sweden
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by giorgio on 28 Mar 2018, 09:18

Inquisition and Witches, Medieval Ambassador... this confirms what i was suspecting from a while, dioramers ask for more civilians (all eras)
giorgio  Italy

Posted by MicroWorld on 28 Mar 2018, 10:14

Kekso wrote:So few votes :(

Don't worry - it's only a first day. People don't know yet. I think till April 30 there will be very many votes.

And - YES: witches and ambassadors!!!! :yeah: And any other medieval civilians... ;-)
  • likes this post.   •  
MicroWorld  Russia

Posted by Kekso on 28 Mar 2018, 11:39

MicroWorld wrote: I think till April 30 there will be very many votes.

At first I thought deadline is in 2 days (March 30th). That's why I said there are so few votes. It was my mistake, sorry :oops:
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Paul on 28 Mar 2018, 15:44

giorgio wrote:Inquisition and Witches, Medieval Ambassador... this confirms what i was suspecting from a while, dioramers ask for more civilians (all eras)

Agreed... :yeah: and TBH, who would´t want a set of witches :-D
Paul  China

Posted by Paul on 28 Mar 2018, 15:56

Tom71 wrote:Linear-A ask me for to publish this:

Have you put it up on TMP?
Paul  China

Posted by sansovino on 28 Mar 2018, 16:54

I am wondering on the quite strange selection for new sets. I am missing totally a profile. Linear had the roman antique as their main-theme in the past. Now it seems more like anything goes, which makes me sad.

I presume that probably the witches will win - for all fans of Ken Follett, the greatest history-liar in old style 19th century-storytelling and revived history prejudices. Sorry, but the "great time" of witch-hunt was the 16th and 17th century and certainly not the Middle Ages. The medieval inquistion was mostly preoccupied with heretics - men and women! - like the Catharer, Waldenser, Hussits, jews and intellectuals - and certainly not with witches. So a medieval witch-hunt set will been picturesque rubbish.

I agree with some others, that good sets of civilians for different periods would been a much better choice - like the former Tudors from Linear. Many of us are missing such a kind of figures ...
sansovino  Germany

Posted by Tom71 on 28 Mar 2018, 17:00

Paul wrote:Have you put it up on TMP?

Yes :-)
Tom71  

Posted by Tom71 on 28 Mar 2018, 17:11

sansovino wrote:Sorry, but the "great time" of witch-hunt was the 16th and 17th century and certainly not the Middle Ages.

I think, it is most important, which Miniatures are in the set :-) - and if they now write "middle-age" or "16th/17th Century" it is really not important :-)
You don't know the poses or the appearance or clothes they are wearing, but it is a really tragedy, which time they are wrote :-) :-D :-D :-D :-D
Tom71  

Posted by Paul on 28 Mar 2018, 17:14

No witch hunts in the middle ages? :eh: Not even a tiny winsy Inquisition ?
sansovino wrote:The medieval inquistion was mostly preoccupied with heretics -

Mostly..but not quite entirely.
1326: The Church authorized the Inquisition to investigate Witchcraft and to develop "demonology." This is the theory of the diabolic origin of Witchcraft.

Chroniques de France ou de Saint Denis (1332-1350) Torture et exécution de sorcières

11 People in the Scene..9 of which are witches. More than the set will have and they aint got thier kit off or are flying on brooms but as Tom has said, no-one knows what will be in the set to make it 18+
Paul  China

Posted by FredG on 28 Mar 2018, 17:28

More inportantly, do they have pointy hats?
FredG  United Kingdom

Posted by sansovino on 28 Mar 2018, 17:34

Dear Paul, you will find always a book or a papal declaration for everything, but you won´t find more than 100-200 witch-trials before 1450 - and many of them didn´t ended with a witch-burning. In 16th and 17th century happened only in the Holy German Empire 40.000 witch-trials!

The few witch-trials happened in the Middle Ages mostly in southern France after the elimination of the Katharer sect - the reason for it? It couldn´t be still anymore Katharer and so the dominicans used an other term for them, but after the famous french historian Ladurie there were still more men than women accused to have used witchcraft....

The german word for witch "Hexe" didn´t exist before 1420!

The medieval witch as female is an invention of the 19th century ...
sansovino  Germany

Posted by Paul on 28 Mar 2018, 17:40

sansovino wrote:The medieval witch as female is an invention of the 19th century ...

see above.
sansovino wrote:The german word for witch "Hexe" didn´t exist before 1420!.

:eh: So what? Anyone accused of the "crime" couldn´t possibly be so charged because the word didn´t exist? A bit Monty python. They were called something else pre that...same as in english. What´s Linear -A supposed to do...give them some old english titel and reduce thier sales to Zero or print a history on the back explaining why they are using modern english?
Still...without any Knowledge of what the set will look like its all a bit mute.
TBH, the imprompted history lesson has ever so slightly spoilt the thread.
Paul  China

Posted by sansovino on 28 Mar 2018, 17:49

Dear Paul, sorry, I didn´t want to spoil .... we can declare the set as Jeanne d´Arc-set, so we have our historical correct burning ... or our Ken Follett burning, which I would like to prefer personally ...

Sorry, I am so tired of the never-ending prejudices on the dark Middle Ages ... the 16th century was in reality quite darker than most of the centuries before...

my end of a boring history lesson
sansovino  Germany

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by sansovino on 28 Mar 2018, 17:57

Paul, you have added still some more sentences....
I won´t continue my discourse on history. I want to add only, that the strange mixture on themes in the Linear-list won´t strengthen the profile of Linear A, but this is only my personal view.
Figure-lines which extend period-presentations are more requested. What should I do with rare belgians soldiers in Mexican-civil-war, when I am missing all their counterparts?
sansovino  Germany

Posted by Tom71 on 28 Mar 2018, 17:57

Very important information:

The voting is for a set, which Linear-A want to produce over Crowdfunding.

After the end of the voting, Linear-A want to publish which are the costs for the sets and everyone, who want to help to realize this set, can do it.

"Meanwhile, we have already launched several sets of Linear-A on the market and want to bring out much more. On the one hand, we will continue to realize our own ideas for the enrichment of the figures market and on the other hand offer the possibility for enthusiasts to be able to write history in the figure scene.
We have therefore decided that we will bring you on board, and in the context of crowdfunding to offer you a participation.

How can you imagine crowdfunding?

I.) We will first suggest different set topics and put them to the vote. The vote will run for a certain period of time and then we know which set is wanted.

II.) Then we announce how you can participate in the realization of the set. The stake is paid via Paypal and the amount depends on the number of sets you want later. Donations are also possible. The prices are as follows:

Price per set incl. Box = X EUR + shipping X EUR

The set will be sent to the participating collectors after the end of production, several days before it is set in our shop by Linear-A.

III.) During the entire time (voting, start crowdfunding until the end of production), the individual progress is constantly published on the main page of this blog.

IV.) An extra e-mail address will be set up, which will allow the participants and interested parties to receive information on a regular basis.

V.) Participants and interested parties can also sign up for a newsletter, where we distribute the progress and news."
Tom71  

Posted by Paul on 28 Mar 2018, 18:00

sansovino wrote:Paul, you have added still some more sentences....

Happened as you were writing.

Speaking of monty python......
Paul  China

Posted by Paul on 28 Mar 2018, 18:07

Tom71 wrote:
I.) We will first suggest different set topics and put them to the vote. The vote will run for a certain period of time and then we know which set is wanted.

II.) Then we announce how you can participate in the realization of the set. The stake is paid via Paypal and the amount depends on the number of sets you want later. "

Question. How does one know what the set will look like or contain? I wouldn´t personally be too keen to give money for something I don´t know what it will look like. Will they be done along the lines of the HäT CF´s..line drawings of the possible set?
Paul  China

Next page

Return to Miniatures News