Modelling

Converting an orc into a Wolfen

Posted by PhilC on 18 Feb 2018, 12:35

Hi everyone!

I am a big fan of fantasy worlds and miniatures, and it is nice to see that more and more 1/72 manufacturers are creating fantasy sets - a dream becoming slowly true :)
The offer however is still far from what you can get in 25 (or more) mm, so you sometimes have to convert your own minis. Something that some of you in this forum do with a lot of skill, something I am absolutely not familiar with :oops: . But I must say that it is very tempting - a step further in the way of creation ;-)

One of my projects is to create armies inspired by the universe of Aarklash - the world developed by a french company named Rackham (sadly not in activity any longer) in a skirmish game called Confrontation. One of the factions of the game are the Wolfens, some giant wolves/men creatures.
Of course they don't exist in 1/72, so I needed to try a conversion. The idea was to add a (zombie) wolf head on the body of an orc, and add some hair with greenstuff.

There are the steps of the process

1. Find the basic elements: Orc by Caesar, zombie dog by Zombies!!! (boardgame)

2. To cut and stick: the greenstuff is required to represent the hair

3. To prime

4. To paint

And last, the source of inspiration: Rackham's concepts and minis.

More pictures and details here, and there.

Hope you like it!
PhilC  Europe

Supporting Member (Silver) Supporting Member (Silver)

Posted by Susofrick on 19 Feb 2018, 08:32

He looks mean!!!
Susofrick  Sweden
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Graeme on 21 Feb 2018, 11:29

The conversion worked well and fits in nicely with the artwork. Nicely painted too.

And a figure you've converted to get just what you want is always going to be a bit special.
Graeme  Australia

Posted by Beano Boy on 21 Feb 2018, 18:09

Very Cool Conversions. :thumbup: Now you might consider finding head conversions for the two zombie dogs,who will then be zombie mutts,and in that fantasy sense not true bred. Gunnar will know what I mean. :-D BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Peter on 13 Apr 2018, 20:18

I like this fantastic conversion Phil! Thanks for sharing! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Return to Modelling