Officers Mess

My Picture host is closing

Posted by PhilC on 13 Jan 2018, 18:00

Hello everyone.

I am sorry to announce that my pictures host (HostingPics, a free french host) is closing within a few weeks. I won't lose the pictures themselves because I have several local copies, and most things are on my blog) but the pictures won't be visible in the posts of this forum any longer.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience (if any :-D). For the future posts, I will use another solution of course.

Phil.
PhilC  Europe

Supporting Member (Silver) Supporting Member (Silver)

Posted by Paul on 13 Jan 2018, 18:18

You should have direct linked them from Blogger ;-) (if they are hosted there and not with the likes of TP PB etc)
If you want you can post the pics again (the ones linked from Blogger) at the end of each thread and one of the mods can "update" your original Post at the top of the thread to include the new Blogger pic links.
Easy to do..click on pic, copy the link, post the link here
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-GZoPC8kQpOk/ ... 82_trt.jpg
and add the IMG Tabs and it appears :-D

I only use Blogger now for Hosting pics. Some of my pics on my blog are hosted on Tinypic but I´ve recently copied all of the TP hosted pics onto a stick in case TP dissappears. Nearly 200 Posts with nearly 1000 pics so it Took ages but better than not having them saved.
Paul  China

Posted by Beano Boy on 13 Jan 2018, 19:05

Your fantastic fantasy works are very well worthwhile saving Phil, ( As are anyone` :thumbup: ) , before they disappear from view.I hope you consider Paul`s sound advice concerning saving your topic pictures.__i hope you will continue to support this Forum,by posting your hobby-work too.
In fact all members that do help oil the cogs of a great ongoing space on the WWW! :-D
:coffee: Yes and i get to see them for free. BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by PhilC on 13 Jan 2018, 23:38

Thank you Paul and BB! SInce I have a blog on blogspot, I arrived to the same conclusion: direct link from there (as illustrated by my last "Barbarian" post).
Paul, I never tried to use the buttons of the editor before reading your post, I always write using HTML commands :mrgreen:
PhilC  Europe

Supporting Member (Silver) Supporting Member (Silver)

Posted by Frankzett on 01 Feb 2018, 17:38

Well, let me say to my picture hosting plattform: Mee too.
I have my account at Photobucket, but now the service is down for my purposes to post pictures here. I miss you, I miss the discussion on this forum here, and don't we miss the members who migrate completely to other forums?
Yes, I want to share photos for discussion from my workbench, but I will not open the next photo hosting service account, to make the same a few years later, with the same problem with lost photos in all my threads - lost for me, lost for all members here.
Please could we hope for an opportunity to upload direct from hard disc on the forum? - This would be great for all members, and if we want we could restore the pictures of our old threads to make them accessible for all surfers on the forum.

Greetings
Frank
Frankzett  

Posted by Paul on 01 Feb 2018, 20:27

Frankzett wrote:Please could we hope for an opportunity to upload direct from hard disc on the forum? - This would be great for all members, Frank

It would be great but very expensive for the forum to be hosted to make this possible.
Paul  China

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Return to Officers Mess