Miniatures News

"Wild West"

Posted by Paul on 28 Jan 2018, 09:46

They look a wee bit "Hollywood" but plus Points;
A .Civilian subject
B. More Females than males
https://vk.com/club7879149?w=wall-7879149_18604
My russian isn´t that good and I don´t trust online translators... who makes them and where does one get them?

PS..the VK site doesn´t seem to allow cross pasting of pics anymore,
Paul  China

Posted by MicroWorld on 28 Jan 2018, 12:38

It seems be more an idea then a reality.
Guys from Ukraine are making 3d-model and printing it it 7-cm scale for unknown consumer. Now they decided to print these figures in 1/72 and to sell it by themselves (consumer's opinion is unknown :mrgreen: ).
And they annouced price (for 3D-PRINTED figures) lower then figures casted from resin. I'm very doubting...
MicroWorld  Russia

Posted by Paul on 28 Jan 2018, 12:41

A pity if they only make them for themselves..I´d like to have them, the native american indians..even if they are a bit "Hollywood".
Paul  China

Posted by Paul on 28 Jan 2018, 13:05

HA!!! Used another browser and it worked
Paul  China

Posted by Paul on 28 Jan 2018, 13:10

and, I never give up..... :cowboy:
https://mb-model.com/product-category/indians/
The clue was the 7cm height.
Paul  China

Posted by Taipeh on 28 Jan 2018, 18:46

First I thought this was 3D sculpted , but most are conversion from ELASTOLIN
Some of the figure are stolen, taken my 7cm Germania Figuren - range: migration of the peoples- figure and making with Putty a Red Indian from a Germanic wife - without my permission !
Ciao Michael

www.germania-figuren.com

www.germania-figuren.com
Taipeh  Germany

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by sansovino on 28 Jan 2018, 21:22

Sorry Taipeh, but I don´t see a real similarity of your figure and the indian woman. Your accusations seems to be not comprehensible. Even if they are transformations, they doesn´t look like copies.
sansovino  Germany

Posted by Taipeh on 28 Jan 2018, 21:53

If you know more about the 7cm Scene you would know it. Most of the figure on the Website are so called "Umbaufiguren" on base of Elastolin figure. Some changing on the cloth and hair and than it is called a new Umbaufigure.
Here another one which was transformed into Red Indian from one of my production.

Ciao Michael
www.germania-figuren.com
Taipeh  Germany

Posted by Wiking on 29 Jan 2018, 05:59

Taiphe wrote:
First I thought this was 3D sculpted , but most are conversion from ELASTOLIN
Some of the figure are stolen, taken my 7cm Germania Figuren - range: migration of the peoples- figure ...
without my permission !

With the first figure I can see similarity to your shown example.

The second the women who comb the hair of the girl, doing so is the only identical thing.
The combing team in the 3d scan is for me totally different.
Wiking  Germany

Posted by Alex on 29 Jan 2018, 09:19

This is a pretty bad 3D sculpture. I do not think that there is anything stolen from someone. And to the same, these guys have not yet shown anyone the printed result. Combing the hair of a child or tossing a child on his hands - I have such subjects. This does not mean that someone stole something.More precisely, the printed figures were shown, but these samples can not be well seen - they are semi-transparent. However, Michael may be right in the future, as these guys can easily explore the possibility of 3D scanning and the transfer to another scale of any existing figures. And this is already somewhere near theft ...
Igor Bilsky
In addition, the technology allows, through high-precision scanning and photopolymer printing, figures of any scale to be translated to other scales including the 72nd
Alex  Russia
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Alex on 29 Jan 2018, 09:55

But for justice it is necessary to say in any case the independent work of this 3 D sculptor is worthy of attention. This is surely the result will be better than the production of STRELRTZ . Maybe at the level of "Pegasus". The more good and honest work - the better! :yeah: :yeah:
Alex  Russia

Posted by Graeme on 29 Jan 2018, 17:34

The seated woman with the bowl looks very much like Michaels figure to me. We're looking at slightly different angles but I think the placement of the hands and folds in the cloth might be exactly the same.

I could believe Michaels figure has been scanned and then digitally altered to make a new digital master.
Graeme  Australia

Posted by Paul on 29 Jan 2018, 17:40

:eh: I´m confused now.... :eh:
The guy who is making the smaller versions of the Indians is in Russia/Ukraine?? and the bigger versions are also produced by another (or the same guy) in the Ukraine/Russia??
«MB-Models» ein junges Unternehmen, gegründet in der Ukraine im Jahr 2013.

from;
https://mb-model.com/contacts/

Will MB-Models sell the smaller ones or what is Happening?? :eh: :eh:
Paul  China

Posted by Alex on 29 Jan 2018, 17:57

Yes, indeed, I also now see that the resemblance to Michael's figure is very similar (a woman with a jug). But it is possible that this is not a scan, but the figure was taken as a model. Yes, Igor is in Ukraine, and works by order of a German firm.
Alex  Russia

Posted by Taipeh on 29 Jan 2018, 18:48

I also think that it is not a scan. They take other figure, sandpaper the clothes away and give than with putty new clothes and hair, have a look to the left Hand of the Girl , or the Hand with comb of the woman. In my eyes they are identical.
That is in 7cm area a common way of conversion. I am not the expert for ELASTOLIN figure, but my own , I know. Just ordered some figure to see the Quality of casting, as on the photo, also the photo by EBAY you could not see this Quality.
If they are really scans or 3D sculpted , than it is possible to print the figure in different scale. In the Moment I am developing some Renaissance figure for the Harbour Project of Michel. They will be produced in 1/72, but as interested the 3D Printer have made some prints in 28mm scale , 40mm scale and 70mm scale. Without Problem in each scale he print them well. In the Moment the parcel is on the way, photo of the same figure in different scale follow ASAP.

Ciao Michael

www.germania-figuren.com
Taipeh  Germany

Posted by Ochoin on 29 Jan 2018, 19:34

Clearly copies. But is anyone concerned with the fact that these "native Americans" have northern European features? They remind me of the bad old days of American cinema where the "Indians" were always played by Caucasians with a little make-up on.
Perhaps this sculptor could do a Genghis Khan who looks like John Wayne with eye make-up?
Ochoin  Scotland

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Wiking on 29 Jan 2018, 19:38

Now with this comparison of the girls I think too that the color team was the base for the 3D pic.
I agree, lot of details are similar.
Wiking  Germany

Posted by Alex on 29 Jan 2018, 20:10

The European features of Indian women are nothing compared to the rubber skeletons of these figures, the proportions of the limbs. )) But they are beautiful as elves, if you put figures next to STRELETZ
Alex  Russia

Posted by Alex on 02 Feb 2018, 09:03

Alex  Russia

Posted by FredG on 02 Feb 2018, 09:10

Ochoin wrote: a Genghis Khan who looks like John Wayne with eye make-up?

Then add Dick van Dyke's cockney accent from Mary Poppins and no-one will ever sleep again :shock:

( Or any Russell Crowe accent)
FredG  United Kingdom

Next page

Return to Miniatures News